Re: Jon Parkin - Why I had to leave the County

excessbee wrote:Not really sure about this, but was Parkin already not in the starting lineup before Westley was appointed? I enjoyed watching him and there were some magical moments. However, we were becoming very predictable and bringing Rhys Healey in gave us so much more.
I see what you mean. However for me what Parkin or Feeney would have gone on to do at County is conjecture and we never will and never can know.

For me the interesting part is his view on training methods employed by Westley, which by general consent were hideous.

Re: Jon Parkin - Why I had to leave the County

excessbee wrote:Not really sure about this, but was Parkin already not in the starting lineup before Westley was appointed? I enjoyed watching him and there were some magical moments. However, we were becoming very predictable and bringing Rhys Healey in gave us so much more.
If the dates I'm referring to are correct, Parkin played 90 minutes in both Westley's first two games, was subbed by Healey after 64 minutes in the next having scored our only goal, but never appeared again nor was listed among the subs.