Re: CLUB SHOP?

excessbee wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Mate went to buy ticket earlier today for tomorrow game at 9.40 he said shop was closed.thought they opened at 9 if so what's happening. I know they are volunteers but still not good enough
What an attitude!!
Thing is though, if you go shopping , do you expect the shop you intend to visit to be open at the advertised times? If you don’t, fair enough. For me, it wouldn’t be long before I wouldn’t bother visiting such a shop, we are supposed to be selling a product not antagonising people.

Thing is though, if you go shopping , do you expect the shop you intend to visit to be open at the advertised times? If you don’t, fair enough. For me, it wouldn’t be long before I wouldn’t bother visiting such a shop, we are supposed to be selling a product not antagonising people.[/quote]

All sorts of reasons why a shop doesn't open dead on time. Maybe the volunteers have to use public transport which, if you read other fora, doesn't seem very reliable, cancelling buses seemingly at random. Maybe sickness who knows. I've visited many shops expecting them to be open and found a notice saying they'll be open an hour or two later for staff training - irritating but doesn't stop me going back. And don't slag the shop off for not being open at 9.00 when the website clearly says 9.30 (though on this occasion it wasn't for some reason). Any excuse to have a go - and share with everyone.

It is a fact of life that people have different perceptions of what is acceptable and what is not. Some people will grumble if things are not done on time, others won't. It's not unique to the County.

Unfortunately it gets magnified on here as this is our messageboard. I just wish it wasn't seen as 'having a go'. Just accept it. We are all different (apart from the fact that we love the County of course).

3 points today please. That'll do nicely.

countymadbel wrote:Mate went to buy ticket earlier today for tomorrow game at 9.40 he said shop was closed.thought they opened at 9 if so what's happening. I know they are volunteers but still not good enough

The simple solution is to volunteer yourself and ensure it is open on time.

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Ridiculous. How do you know their circumstances. As I have suggested that we are all different, perhaps you think that they are part of the hysterical minority that you have referred to?

westsider wrote:I know - I'm a grumpy old g*t very often, but I try to be realistic in my expectations. However, as you say, 3 points today is the most important. Looks like sunglasses and sunscreen required in the Bisley!

Mate, I'm the General Secretary of the grumpy old git's association. That's what my kids and elder grandkids tell me anyway. :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

Ridiculous. How do you know their circumstances. As I have suggested that we are all different, perhaps you think that they are part of the hysterical minority that you have referred to?
Good point , how do you know the circumstances of the club volunteer that morning?
Club critics cannot have it both ways

pembsexile wrote:
westsider wrote:I know - I'm a grumpy old g*t very often, but I try to be realistic in my expectations. However, as you say, 3 points today is the most important. Looks like sunglasses and sunscreen required in the Bisley!

Mate, I'm the General Secretary of the grumpy old git's association. That's what my kids and elder grandkids tell me anyway. :grin:
:lol: :lol: :lol: