Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v CAMBRIDGE UNITED

Special branch wrote:I was there at Cambridge City when our keepers leg was broken and we didnt even get a free kick. The arrogance of both Cambridge clubs has been awful over the years.
I was there also muc, little fucker wearing a mouthguard and grinning like a Cheshire cat after ignoring the referee's whistle and snapping Jon Roberts but that was Cambridge city and fuc all to do with this lot today

Delighted with the comeback but thought wrong team selected from the start. Matt deserved to start after Tuesday, admittedly so did O’Brien - who was selected . Shame that he looks to be out for a long stretch after yesterday’s re-occurrence of his injury. We posed so much more threat after Matt came on it was unbelievable. Goalkeeper did well though wasn’t exactly stretched second half....his distribution looks a lot better though would like to make a proper judgement over a few games before thinking of giving him the chance of top spot.
I must admit that I never saw us coming back at 0-2, we looked as poor as against Yeovil. Even after the penalty that went our way , we looked like conceding again before half-time. Huxtable was having a good game.

Talk about a game of 2 halves! Normal service resumes as 3 up front made a huge difference, defence looking better and Huxtable back to his usual poor self missing obvious fouls, penalising minor ones and waiving away two obvious pens in one incident. All in all a very enjoyable afternoon, let’s hope the floating voter thought so too. BarAmber pretty busy so let’s hope the cash is rolling in.

neilcork68 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
penycwm county wrote:"Amond goes down after feeling a nudge in the back. No penalty and probably rightly so" (SWA Twitter)
Is this the incident that led to the penalty !!
No, different incidents.

Cooper was the player brought down for the penalty...As clear cut as any pen you will see given ( happened right in front of where I was stood )
Ahh, SWA Twitter went from that quote to GOAL !

The Cambridge goals yesterday were so unexpected, I just could not believe it, I thought that we were watching a rerun of the Yeovil disaster, and then the injury to add to County's problems, I though now what ??...Then, !!…………... the substitutions, and the County fightback ???wow!! what an afternoon, but well done to the players and everyone for gaining a superb result !!!

Well done County !!!...……….Come on the 'Port !! Bob Bassett

Corpaboy wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Fair play to the Amber Army, despite being outplayed and 0-2 down they carried on singing and the atmosphere was good, but excellent second half.
Neil Cork was leading it !!!!

"We're on our way , we're on our way .
Down to the Conference we're on our way .
How we get there we don't know ..."

As Mrs Brown would say ''thats nice'' :roll: :roll: :roll:
#unbelievableJeff

Remember the Jon Roberts injury well. The Cambridge City player who did it was playing for the now long defunct Baldock Town a year or two later and we gave him some fierce abuse, he looked genuinely shocked.

Also remember the Cambridge game for an incident when their keeper raced out and Andy Evans lobbed him from about 35 yards. Evans turned away and was charging back up the pitch to celebrate when the ball hit the bar!