Re: Cooper

For me he's had a good couple of games and was no better or worse than any of the midfield last night, I believe there's future growth and improvement in him and he's in the right place to get that guidance as we've seen in the development of other young players over the last couple of seasons.

Exile 1976 wrote:I disagree mate. Cooper hides, never looks for the ball and when he does get it, 9 times out of 10 he will look to pass it backwards. On the rare occasion he does pass it forward it inevitably goes to the oppo or straight into touch.

I think Bennett and Bakinson do so much more than Cooper and he's definitely the weak link imo
Well I disagree with you mate. You need to take off the blinkers and watch the game more

terry norman wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I disagree mate. Cooper hides, never looks for the ball and when he does get it, 9 times out of 10 he will look to pass it backwards. On the rare occasion he does pass it forward it inevitably goes to the oppo or straight into touch.

I think Bennett and Bakinson do so much more than Cooper and he's definitely the weak link imo
Well I disagree with you mate. You need to take off the blinkers and watch the game more

Feel free to disagree but 'blinkers'? Don't be silly now. I want every player that puts on a County shirt to do well. Unfortunately Cooper, at the moment and although he was better Tues than he was Sat, is undoubtedly our worst midfielder who's so far offered very little

I think you've sometimes got to stick with and manage the ups and downs of younger players, Andrew Hughes is a perfect example he took 4-5 seasons to become the finished article and to start with would have 2-4 good games then a couple of nightmares and be taken out of the side, he's now in the Championship, Connor Washington barely played in the promotion season when he was basically learning to be a full time professional, he's also now in the Championship and a full international. I think Cooper's confidence took a battering at FGR and that's massive in any walk of life. Only time will tell whether he'll continue to improve I hope he does. I think everybody has got to realise the game has changed,it's now a squad game and we've got a good squad who are all capable of doing a job.