Re: Cooper

neilcork68 wrote:
supporter wrote:Change of formation gave us more chance of winning the game FACT, leaving it with 2 up front gave us less chance that's obvious to anyone who saw the game, also Semenyo had a good game. The pleasing thing for me in the bigger picture is we've now got 4 centre forwards who are totally different and that gives us options to change things in that area if needed which is great.

You cant say that changing the formation was the reason that we won Saturday FACT........How can you prove that if Matt had come on and Sheehan stayed on the result could have been the same ?
We know the FACT that we won the game but no one can tell if it as solely down to that and the formation change.
The Cambridge manager in an interview with his local paper points to the introduction of Matt and his sides inability to deal with him was the turning point in the game. Not once does he mention our change of formation.
Those are the FACTS....the word your looking for for the formation change is ''CONJECTURE'' not ''FACT''
Quite.

A fact is something which can't be disputed. Newport beat Cambridge 4-2 is a fact. Neil, if that's how he spells his name :grin: gives his view as to why this happened. Anybody else can agree or disagree. Those of us who read these opinions can make our minds up as who they find the most convincing.

Opinions are important but so is critical thinking. I have noticed on this board those who stimulate thought tend to attract abuse. FACT. :shock:

Corpaboy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote: Weeeeeeellll actually your comments are what you've said you'd have done when it was in progress, but with the same benefit of hindsight as everyone else. We've only got your word that you actually thought that at the time.
Neil is a person of strong views, and of course that is bound to cause argument. However Neil's integrity has never been in doubt and in making such a squalid little remark SJG99 says far about himself than Neil.
Cheers for the quoting. Can we not? I'm trying to avoid his poisonous bo11ocks. Fixed the spelling for you Stan, pay attention. :roll:

I also thought Cooper did well tonight. Ok he played a few stray passes but so did entire midfield!

I like the way his head is always up and that he looks to pass forward all the time. He tries the difficult passes that don't always come off but If he continues to improve he could be excellent. Although he looks a better player overall, I think Bakinson has been much worse than Cooper the last two games but Cooper seems to get more flak.

I think Cooper played well and agree with the gradual improvement, the crazy thing is the whole team played well. Looking a bit deeper and I haven't studied the stats but I would think we created more chances last night than we did in the home wins against Crewe and Grimsby. Strangely these type of results sometimes happen when you're near the top as opposed to down the bottom and if we go back 2 seasons at this stage we were where Macclesfield are which shows how far we've come. Having seen the way we've defended away from home and in our close home victories the amount of goals conceded in our last last 3 games are a bit baffling but I'm confident that will be sorted. Massive positive is the resilience and belief we've shown to get back into games which means we're always in with a chance of winning or drawing right till the final whistle. Finally I can't remember a worst refereeing performance it was appalling.

I disagree mate. Cooper hides, never looks for the ball and when he does get it, 9 times out of 10 he will look to pass it backwards. On the rare occasion he does pass it forward it inevitably goes to the oppo or straight into touch.

I think Bennett and Bakinson do so much more than Cooper and he's definitely the weak link imo

I disagree mate. Cooper hides, never looks for the ball and when he does get it, 9 times out of 10 he will look to pass it backwards. On the rare occasion he does pass it forward it inevitably goes to the oppo or straight into touch.

I think Bennett and Bakinson do so much more than Cooper and he's definitely the weak link imo
I think Bennett battled well last night but gave the ball away lots. Bakinson floated around and had a few decent touches but barely contributed defensively.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.