Re: Jamille to start on Tuesday?

County ranger wrote:Should start both of the loanees have showed promise but I think they may be better impact players and are too much like Amond.
I feel Amond plays better off a target man and I guess that was why Matt was signed. Matt has experience and causes hassle opens up space for Amond - he should start.
Should definately start, but what's this only two goals a game business. surely a hat-trick against macclesfield at least :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Macclesfield are rock bottom with a -11 goal difference .
Matt is on fire and Cambridge just couldn't handle his physical presence when he came on yesterday .
If he's fit , he surely has to start ?
I've liked the look of Amond up front with Harris , but Matt brings different options as a big target man which any team would love to have in League 2
When it comes to set pieces , he'll cause havoc in the oppositions box .

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:Should start both of the loanees have showed promise but I think they may be better impact players and are too much like Amond.
I feel Amond plays better off a target man and I guess that was why Matt was signed. Matt has experience and causes hassle opens up space for Amond - he should start.
Should definately start, but what's this only two goals a game business. surely a hat-trick against macclesfield at least :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it wont be as easy as some seem to think . They drew with FGR on Saturday and have some decent players...( They walked the National League last year )

I would be inclined to start with Harris and Amond as I thought they were starting to form a decent partnership.. I havent seen any of their games so I dont know if they are troubled by height , pace or players running into the channels etc..that is why MF has a scout to inform him of their weaknesses

IMO that is where MF needs to make a decision. choose who are going to be his favoured two up front and baring injuries , suspensions , loss of form , etc give them a run of games to 'GEL'

Perhaps Charlie Cooper can trade a bit of information with his dad. FGR played Macclesfield on Saturday and will play Cambridge on Tuesday.
I must admit, Matt looked all at sea at Oldham where, as the away team, we couldn't leave him up front and provide crosses to him. His role was running from the halfway line and it didn't suit him and generally ended in a mess. At home we can maybe afford the luxury of not bringing him too deep and let him spend his time in their box.

Corpaboy wrote:Macclesfield are rock bottom with a -11 goal difference .
Matt is on fire and Cambridge just couldn't handle his physical presence when he came on yesterday .
I've liked the look of Amond up front with Harris , but Matt brings different options as a big target man which any team would love to have in League 2
I’m sure you are correct but aren’t we also on a negative goal difference while being 2nd in the table ? Only at Newport County eh? :grin:

They may have two 'huge centre halfs' who could play him out of the game but be as slow as snails. In that case Harris or Semenyo may be a better option because they are pretty mobile.
MF should have this info to hand from his scouts report and play the best option to try and win the game not just because Matt is on a good run of form. Before going to play for Wales ,Harris was starting to form a good partnership with Amond. He got injured , missed a few games and has hardly featured since

neilcork68 wrote:

They may have two 'huge centre halfs' who could play him out of the game but be as slow as snails. In that case Harris or Semenyo may be a better option because they are pretty mobile.
MF should have this info to hand from his scouts report and play the best option to try and win the game not just because Matt is on a good run of form. Before going to play for Wales ,Harris was starting to form a good partnership with Amond. He got injured , missed a few games and has hardly featured since
Fair point , Neil .
Plus Flynny has said that Matt has had niggling little injuries and hasn't trained much .
Nice to have some choices though ?
UTC

neilcork68 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

it wont be as easy as some seem to think . They drew with FGR on Saturday and have some decent players...( They walked the National League last year )

I would be inclined to start with Harris and Amond as I thought they were starting to form a decent partnership.. I havent seen any of their games so I dont know if they are troubled by height , pace or players running into the channels etc..that is why MF has a scout to inform him of their weaknesses

IMO that is where MF needs to make a decision. choose who are going to be his favoured two up front and baring injuries , suspensions , loss of form , etc give them a run of games to 'GEL'

No games are easy in League 2, anyone can beat anyone. However, this is the type of game we should be looking at 3pts, home to a side yet to win and with just 3 draws and 7 defeats in 10 games. We have a good home record, they have a crap away record (lost every league away game so far) means one thing, a Macclesfield win.