Re: Jamille to start on Tuesday?

Dogger wrote:Matt certainly deserves to start on Tuesday. 4 goals in 2 games for a guy who only scored that in the whole of last season. If his ankle injury allows, let him batter Macc’s defence & then bring on Harris & Semenyo when they’re tired.
Seems like the best plan to me. Nice to have options with strikers of differing strengths. The other question
to me is do you start with the same players for a run of games to 'gel' or pick horses for courses, depending on the opposition ?

Re: Jamille to start on Tuesday?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Dogger wrote:Matt certainly deserves to start on Tuesday. 4 goals in 2 games for a guy who only scored that in the whole of last season. If his ankle injury allows, let him batter Macc’s defence & then bring on Harris & Semenyo when they’re tired.
Seems like the best plan to me. Nice to have options with strikers of differing strengths. The other question
to me is do you start with the same players for a run of games to 'gel' or pick horses for courses, depending on the opposition ?
Whilst I like the idea of picking two players and giving them time to GEL on Saturday Cambridge were dealing with the pace of Amond and Semenyo easily. It wasn't until Matt was introduced the game changed because they couldn't handle his physical presence.
So for me its 'Horses for courses' play the opposition , not what you would like to be your first choice