Re: Our new stadium?

Dis-allowed wrote:Bit of a fantasy shot, but the Glebelands, rail and road next to it, room for stadium, parking and central, if only...
That was my pick the last time we did this, since then I've decided that the old Queens School site (with the Primary School moving to the Sainsbury's site) is where I'd want to put it. Slap bang in the middle of town with minimal impact on the residential areas around it on match days and big enough for a 15k stadium and training facilities with room to spare.

The old Sainsbury's site isn't a totally dumb idea!I drive past the new brentford ground everyday for work on the a4 which overlooks the site.it looks pretty small with a railway line coming really close to the 1 corner.a google search says its 7.6 acres and Sainsburys being 6.6.Id say that's worth considering.

Bad Seed wrote:The old Sainsbury's site isn't a totally dumb idea!I drive past the new brentford ground everyday for work on the a4 which overlooks the site.it looks pretty small with a railway line coming really close to the 1 corner.a google search says its 7.6 acres and Sainsburys being 6.6.Id say that's worth considering.

use it as the car park, footbridge across the Usk into the Glebelands.....is the mini railway still running ? :clown:

Bad Seed wrote:The old Sainsbury's site isn't a totally dumb idea!I drive past the new brentford ground everyday for work on the a4 which overlooks the site.it looks pretty small with a railway line coming really close to the 1 corner.a google search says its 7.6 acres and Sainsburys being 6.6.Id say that's worth considering.
It's quite a dumb idea when you measure it and realise it's smaller than the existing stadium on Rodney Parade, which is barely a big enough site to begin with.

penycwm county wrote:
use it as the car park, footbridge across the Usk into the Glebelands.....is the mini railway still running ? :clown:
It is, apparently. But not anywhere it might be useful...