Re: MACCLESFIELD (h) attendance, higher or lower?

Fluctuations in our attendances, showing the number of home fans listed as attending:

Crewe Alexandra.....................2990
Notts County............................2750... down by 240
Grimsby Town..........................3046....up by 296
Yeovil Town..............................3737....up by 691
Cambridge United....................2993...down by 744
MACCLESFIELD T..................2572....down by 421

Despite a good result at Tranmere, a brilliant comeback against Cambridge, we have still lost 1165 fans since the Yeovil game.

If this is down to ifollow then they need to make it unavailable in NP postcode areas, cos it'll kill us off if that's what it's down to. The fluctuations in our gates show Newport fans to be fickle enough as it is. Anything that gives them another excuse NOT to go to a game is bad in my view..... for the sake of £8 a time it's not worth it.
It should only be available OUTSIDE the Newport area.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on October 4th, 2018, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's clear as day that there is something seriously wrong with our ability to attract fans to games, and it's getting worse, not better.

What is it, I wonder?

For me, it is a combination of not having a ticket office at the ground and a general lack of presence within the City as a whole. For example, I was at Autofix down by the Blaina Wharf the other day where there is a Newport County "next fixture" board. We were playing Yeovil the next day but there was nothing there advertising it - this is absolute basics.

Also, speaking to some ex-sponsors of the club last night who tell me that prices doubled this season, but they haven't been asked to renew anyway. You then look around the ground at the half-filled advertising space! A total shambles in my opinion if true - especially given that it's apparently the fans who need to dig deep again and up their contributions - don't worry about making the most of commercial opportunities.

Over 3 separate Saturday evenings (a total of 15 hours) I organised music/ dancing at my local village hall entertainment provided by the group Mid Life Crisis for Parkinson's Disease myself and a small group of helpers got posters printed and got shops , pubs, clubs etc to advertise the event .After paying for tickets to be printed the band (who did the dances for a reduced fee) etc we achieved a net profit of £3097 so if us the amateurs can arrange this surely the professionals at our club can ?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:Before jumping to conclusions, how many were watching the game on iFollow? Despite being a season ticket holder, that’s what I did and as such paid another £10 into the coffers.
You're the first person I've seen to say "I'd have gone but decided to pay £10 more not to". I've seen three on here who watched on iFollow, hardly significant and almost certainly a red herring. Of course we'd need to see the iFollow figures to know for sure, and I doubt they'll be widely available.

Do we include ST holders in the attendance by default or just the ones who actually turn up? It's an ongoing debate at a number of clubs, the tech exists to do it on an attendee basis but some clubs just add the ST holder total to non-ST tickets scanned.