Re: GRANDSTAND: v Macclesfield

Mental. Completely blew the win but a hard-fought point and "fight til the end" and all that.

Trevor Kettle should never be allowed near a football pitch again, still no idea what the third penalty was for and he completely bottled and absolutely bolted on straight red for the County pen when Matt was completely clean through and there was nothing between him and the goal when he was deliberately brought down with no attempt to play the ball. A yellow card foul irrespective of the goal-scoring opportunity, and a red with it - even with the double jeopardy rule considered.

Actually missed the equaliser going in as Saints penalties at Everton pitched up on Sky, but County had faffed my comeback bet by then anyway.

Disappointed at County's approach though, we were successful when passing it on the deck, but took the presence of Matt as an excuse to lump it aimlessly at him. Long and short at the end of it all, we're a point nearer the top of the table and 4 points ahead of 4th. :shock:

Corpaboy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:I just wonder if there will be a need for a few tactical changes tonight, I hope not. I just don't think that tonight will be as easy as some are suggesting.
We certainly don't want a sloppy start again .
If we go in front , I can only see us scoring more

But then again , this is Newport County ..... :shock:
I'm staying quiet next time ........ :shock:

Flynn fuming at ref:

"It was definitely two points lost and it was one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen in my life," said Flynn afterwards.

"It was never a penalty - either of them - it's hit Mickey's [Demetriou] hand but he's being pulled and funnily enough the player who won the penalty should have been sent off earlier.

"It was an absolute disgusting performance and it needs looking at. I knew today when he [Kettle] was appointed that we were going to be in trouble. And that's worrying."

Kevin ncfc wrote:Disagree the 2nd pen to Macs was a pen. don't jump in the box with your hands up. definate sending off for our pen though and double jepodary rule only applies to goal keeper I thought.
No it applies to outfield players also, but only if the referee thinks they made an attempt to get the ball, which he clearly didn't do.

Ugo. wrote:
Kevin ncfc wrote:Disagree the 2nd pen to Macs was a pen. don't jump in the box with your hands up. definate sending off for our pen though and double jepodary rule only applies to goal keeper I thought.
No it applies to outfield players also, but only if the referee thinks they made an attempt to get the ball, which he clearly didn't do.
Yep, accidental fouls will result in a yellow instead of red. Can't see how this applies to a deliberate pullback with an open goal. Made even more ridiculous when the offending player had already been booked.

Would like to see their penalties again but they looked soft.