Re: GRANDSTAND: v Macclesfield

thewonderstuff wrote:wasn't surprised to find out their goal keeper is on Man United's books. He was my overall MoM
He did make some fantastic game changing saves and was the player most gutted at the final whistle .

I didn't feel sorry for him though ..... especially after he started time wasting after 20 minutes into the first half !
He'll do well under Jose at UTD with that approach !!!! :grin:

I don't think that there are enough expletives to describe the referee's performance tonight!...... and giving our opponents a two goal lead isn't good for the "blood pressure". Once again however, the team's resilience deserved more than the one point....I would add however that in my opinion we are looking "lightweight" (experience wise) in midfield apart from Bennett, and are missing the likes of Dolan and perhaps Crofts to support Bakinson ? Anyway onward and upward to Nailsworth on Saturday, hoping we can take their unbeaten record in the process!
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.......

We didn't have enough control of the game last night. All effort and endeavour. Chasing the game from a terrible start (again) mixed in with exasperating decisions from the officials made it all very frenetic.

I agree with an earlier comment - when we have a big guy up front we automatically default to getting the ball up to him too early.

I also agree with another comment about how we start our games. I still think we are best suited to a 5 at the back. I would prefer we started this way keeping our shape whilst looking to work some quality crosses into the danger areas - just an opinion.

That said to get control you need a midfield and we haven't got one at present - maybe that's why we are looking to get the ball up early, by- pass the non existent midfield and ' score one more'.

Can't fault the effort and application of the players and all very exiting.
UTP

The shadow of the ball shows it's directly in line with the goal-line, as the shadows of all the players are basically running in parallel to the goal-line too. Admittedly these vary slightly depending on proximity to the main light source.

Clearly isn't in from that image, and funny how people use the height of the ball as "evidence" when that does nothing other than make it more difficult to judge compared to the goal-line.

If the ball was another two feet up in the air it would look even more "over the line" because of "a gap from the ball to the line", it still isn't. :lol:

The keeper's body shape isn't helping his case for what happens next though.