First game tonight

My father in law (Bristol rovers season ticket fan) & myself (Swansea season ticket fan) our families have moved to Newport in last couple of years.

After seeing your results this season we decided to come support our local team tonight. Looking forward to tonights game and hopefully Newport becoming our 2nd team to support.

Is it a good atmosphere at Rodney Parade normally?
Do they serve food and drink in the ground?

Good luck tonight

Re: First game tonight

Welcome, yes food and drink is served in the ground, usual stuff, if you after a pre match pint and meeting place try the fan owned/run pub on Clarence place called Bar Amber/ivy bush all profits go to the club, great atmosphere and all televised football on multiple screens.
Atmosphere in the ground is good but better on the Hazel terrace or stand

Picking upon comments made by “justanordinaryfan” and “Newportonian regarding a better atmosphere in the Hazel, I was wondering how you come to that conclusion.
Do you visit each side every game to conduct activity sampling perhaps?
What are the units for 'better atmosphere' and how do you measure them?
Do you award 'better atmosphere' points and if so where does each stand measure against the other at the moment?
Was the atmosphere better or worse in either side during the Great Escape match, or even the recent Yeovil match?
Just asking like.

papajohn wrote:Picking upon comments made by “justanordinaryfan” and “Newportonian regarding a better atmosphere in the Hazel, I was wondering how you come to that conclusion.
Do you award 'better atmosphere' points and if so where does each stand measure against the other at the moment?
Was the atmosphere better or worse in either side during the Great Escape match, or even the recent Yeovil match?
Just asking like.
Now you have a sound few points there!!!!!
Units of football atmosphere and associated nonsense.My mind is already working overtime on this particular approach :cheers:

papajohn wrote:Picking upon comments made by “justanordinaryfan” and “Newportonian regarding a better atmosphere in the Hazel, I was wondering how you come to that conclusion.
Just asking like.
Yes experienced both sides of the ground many times, but of course you’re just being a **** so I won’t bother going into detail about the obvious

Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night for first timers. You now have 2 extra fans putting money into the club.
Was shocked at the low turnout you had. Would have thought you have a decent catchment area and a team high up in the league I would have thought it would have been a higher turnout?
Fair play the atmosphere caused by the drummer and the fans singing in the Hazell stand, outstanding. You certainly put a lot of clubs to shame with their no atmosphere and so quiet you can hear a mouse sneeze.
Played some good decent football, shame with those 2 early goals.
Looking forward to catching more games this season
Amber army...... :grin:

Yep mate been to all sides of the ground ..... settled for the Bisley, cos in my humble opinion, it’s a better view, well from my lofty row it is anyway, and for me, the facilities, ie toilets, getting a beer and food, is far better.

I’ve done my time singing, sweating and dancing in the Cromwell, many many years ago, I’m far too old and boring for that shite now, but as previously stated, the atmospheres better in the Hazel.

LLANWERN wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night for first timers. You now have 2 extra fans putting money into the club.
Was shocked at the low turnout you had. Would have thought you have a decent catchment area and a team high up in the league I would have thought it would have been a higher turnout?
Fair play the atmosphere caused by the drummer and the fans singing in the Hazell stand, outstanding. You certainly put a lot of clubs to shame with their no atmosphere and so quiet you can hear a mouse sneeze.
Always good to welcome new fans, and i note your disappointment at the low crowd . The reality is that rugby is still the best supported sport in town, despite their results being at an all time low. Therefore we will never have a large % of the catchment area watching the soccer. I'm sure however as with any team success will always increase crowd levels. Not sure if it is the case with other teams in the EFL but attendence always seems lower midweek compared to saturdays?

LLANWERN wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night for first timers. You now have 2 extra fans putting money into the club.
Always good to welcome new fans, and i note your disappointment at the low crowd . The reality is that rugby is still the best supported sport in town, despite their results being at an all time low. Therefore we will never have a large % of the catchment area watching the soccer. I'm sure however as with any team success will always increase crowd levels. Not sure if it is the case with other teams in the EFL but attendence always seems lower midweek compared to saturdays?

I used to go to the Bisley the first season we played at RP and yes the toilets and food/drink seem better on that side. But once the Hazell Stand became available I migrated there and have tended to stay there since. Two reasons - if the sun is out you can't see a thing in the Bisley as it's directly in your eyes and if it's raining wherever you sit in the Bisley you tend to get wet. Hazell no sunshade or wet suit required...

wattsville_boy wrote:I used to go to the Bisley the first season we played at RP and yes the toilets and food/drink seem better on that side. But once the Hazell Stand became available I migrated there and have tended to stay there since. Two reasons - if the sun is out you can't see a thing in the Bisley as it's directly in your eyes and if it's raining wherever you sit in the Bisley you tend to get wet. Hazell no sunshade or wet suit required...
Looking at odd bits of footage of the game it was amusing to see those in the Hazell wearing jackets and looking cold and wintry, whilst those of us in the Bisley were roasting and topping up the tans! Very poor design on the Bisley, considering it's relatively new (ish). Can't escape the elements, whatever they are.