Defensive Problems

Relieved to get a point tonight but clearly something is wrong somewhere. What does Flynny need to do to tighten us up at the back? Oxford, Cambridge and tonight have given ourselves a mountain to climb early on! I guess some defensive drills are in order before the weekend.

Re: Defensive Problems

Collars wrote:Odd that it’s mostly at home we have the problems. Might just be a coincidence but be interesting to see how we start Saturday! Individually I like our defence but something isn’t right.
At home there is a responsibility to play. Away all that matters is the result. I will gladly be corrected if I am wrong as I have not seen the games. However it appears that away from home it's get eleven behind the ball and nick one on the break. That tactic isn't really an option for home games.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Collars wrote:Odd that it’s mostly at home we have the problems. Might just be a coincidence but be interesting to see how we start Saturday! Individually I like our defence but something isn’t right.
At home there is a responsibility to play. Away all that matters is the result. I will gladly be corrected if I am wrong as I have not seen the games. However it appears that away from home it's get eleven behind the ball and nick one on the break. That tactic isn't really an option for home games.
Perhaps it should be an option for our next home game, certainly for the first 20mins?

None of Macclesfield's goals came from them 'carving us open' through midfield. In fact they barely had a shot other than the goals .
Thought Bennett was excellent again tonight.
I was talking in general. Last night Cooper and Bakinson seemed to roam around aimlessly leaving Bennett to try and mop up everything. They are both young so I'm not having a go but surely Flynn can see the dangers of playing two young guys in centre midfield. I just wish Crofts was fit as he is exactly what we need right now. Two battlers and a ball player in centre midfield would be ideal. With attacking wing backs and two strikers (using 5-3-2) you really need the centre of the park solid.

sblair1979 wrote:
None of Macclesfield's goals came from them 'carving us open' through midfield. In fact they barely had a shot other than the goals .
Thought Bennett was excellent again tonight.
I was talking in general. Last night Cooper and Bakinson seemed to roam around aimlessly leaving Bennett to try and mop up everything. They are both young so I'm not having a go but surely Flynn can see the dangers of playing two young guys in centre midfield. I just wish Crofts was fit as he is exactly what we need right now. Two battlers and a ball player in centre midfield would be ideal. With attacking wing backs and two strikers (using 5-3-2) you really need the centre of the park solid.

I certainly see that Cooper simply isn't good Imo. Dolan or Crofts would make us stronger