Re: One of the worst referees I've seen in my life

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Threadbare wrote:How could the Macc player stay on after conceding a penalty ? Matt clear on goal, no cover. Even if not a straight red it must have been a yellow, and he had already been booked !
Baffling.
Honestly ! did you see thier first pen Butler was lucky to stay on Matt was out wider and two covering defenders

The ball was going wider and there was also our keeper to beat so Butlers was never a red card, yellow? yes, red? No chance.
Matt had an open goal.

Two very different situations. Butler was trying to win the ball but got it wrong. Definite penalty but no card. If that challenge was anywhere else on the field would it have been a yellow card? Their challenge on Matt was certainly not an attempt to win the ball, that had long gone. It doesn't have to be a certainty of scoring, just a clear goal scoring opportunity. Red card any day of the week.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Threadbare wrote:How could the Macc player stay on after conceding a penalty ? Matt clear on goal, no cover. Even if not a straight red it must have been a yellow, and he had already been booked !
Baffling.
Honestly ! did you see thier first pen Butler was lucky to stay on Matt was out wider and two covering defenders
You can't have seen it since, Matt was basically a yard to the right of the penalty spot with a completely open goal when fouled by a player not even attempting to get the ball. It was a booking just for the foul without even needing to consider that it was a bolted on red card for DOGSO.

Kettle pointing at other players just proved what bonkers fantasy world he lives in - no-one on the pitch was in any position to stop the goal apart from the player who committed the foul (and Matt himself of course).

I thought their first penalty was correct and Butler could easily have gone and the video hasn't changed my mind. If the second was for handball I don't see how Demetriou could possibly have got out of the way.

For ours that tackle was a nailed-on yellow anywhere else on the pitch and a second for the defender. Shocking.

Have refs been given priorities for this season? Several times now including last night I've seen long advantage being played well but complete disregard for where throws are taken.

excessbee wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:The only positive in his performance was that he didn't blow for time before Matt's header went in.
And poetic justice that the equaliser was probably scored in the extra thirty seconds added for Macclesfield making a substitution in the 95th minute.
That's a very good point. Given that 30 secs appears to be automatically added for every substitution, i believe that it can sometimes be counterproductive as not all substitutions take that long. At least the timekeeper was fair with us last night.