Re: The missing 1000

Here's an idea.

Lower the price for midweek gamed. Liaise with the local authority to put on busses on match nights. When buying a ticket for a Saturday game offer the midweek game for a tenner, two games for £25.

Employ a CEO to research and implement these ideas. We know that the board read this message board, it doesn't matter where the ideas come from if they work they work. Blaming the Newport public for not coming is not the answer, finding out why and dealing with it is.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:We HAVE to get the younger generation classing Newport County as THEIR club .
The trouble is a lot of the younger generation , as indeed any age group , see £20 a lot to pay to watch Newport v Macclesfield on a Tuesday night .
I know of at least 6 people that always show an interest in how we are doing and are so close to popping over to have a look . The thing that puts them off ?? ....... the cost !
That's where the extras are ..... and they were the ones that turned up for Leeds , Tottenham and the Great Escape .
..........................................................................................................................................................................................
Do you think they'd be inclined to go, if it was £9.00 per person, all ages, all areas, sit or stand? So the six of them go for £54?
I am certain there must be a ticket price that is (a) cheap enough for everyone (b) low enough to increase attendances (c) able to maintain or better current ticket sales amounts per season.
I will probably go to my grave believing that "one price fits all" is the way football needs to go. especially at lower levels. I'm convinced there are loads and loads of people who would go under such an arrangement.
Totally agree ! These are all "football" followers , from Newport , who follow our results .
A response that I usually get when they ask how much a ticket costs is "HOW MUCH ? For The County ? If it was about £10-£12 I'd go ! But I'm not paying £19 !"

An old idea but in my view a good one.

All of the old men and women who post on here got hooked as kids. Any child in full time education should be allowed in free with a paying adult. If a dad or mum with a couple of kids could stand on the north terrace for £15 I believe it would not cost us money and in the long run would would result in bigger paying crowds.

Corpaboy wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:We HAVE to get the younger generation classing Newport County as THEIR club .
The trouble is a lot of the younger generation , as indeed any age group , see £20 a lot to pay to watch Newport v Macclesfield on a Tuesday night .
I know of at least 6 people that always show an interest in how we are doing and are so close to popping over to have a look . The thing that puts them off ?? ....... the cost !
That's where the extras are ..... and they were the ones that turned up for Leeds , Tottenham and the Great Escape .
..........................................................................................................................................................................................
Do you think they'd be inclined to go, if it was £9.00 per person, all ages, all areas, sit or stand? So the six of them go for £54?
I am certain there must be a ticket price that is (a) cheap enough for everyone (b) low enough to increase attendances (c) able to maintain or better current ticket sales amounts per season.
I will probably go to my grave believing that "one price fits all" is the way football needs to go. especially at lower levels. I'm convinced there are loads and loads of people who would go under such an arrangement.
Totally agree ! These are all "football" followers , from Newport , who follow our results .
A response that I usually get when they ask how much a ticket costs is "HOW MUCH ? For The County ? If it was about £10-£12 I'd go ! But I'm not paying £19 !"
It is a very easy thing for people to say, the problem is that whenever we have tried £10 and even £5 people haven't turned up in significant enough numbers to balance the books.
No issue with the club trying this again as long as we realise that any loss in revenue needs to be made up from somewhere else.

I go into Spoons in town before or after a game, depending on day/ko time. If there's premier league or Champions League on tv the place is rammed with 'true' fans of MU, MC, Liverpool etc. They appear to have no interest in County and almost certainly wouldn't pay to watch us when they can go in Spoons for nothing, drink all the way through a game, eat if they want and ultimately probably not spend a whole lot more than they would have done for a ticket. I doubt that we'd even get them into RP on a £5 or £10 ticket. Not negative, just noting what I see regularly. Get really p...d off though, walking back over the bridge and waiting in the bus station, by the number of people yelling ' how did the County do?' - shame they can't actually go. 'Twas ever thus.

My mate and I used to meet in Brighton when County were playing in the conference and live on one of the obscure satellite channels. The barman would always show us and other pub users would get into the game too. Next time we're away give tenners to an army of county fans to give to pub landlords across Newport to pay for our game on ifollow. Should create interest.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:An old idea but in my view a good one.

All of the old men and women who post on here got hooked as kids. Any child in full time education should be allowed in free with a paying adult. If a dad or mum with a couple of kids could stand on the north terrace for £15 I believe it would not cost us money and in the long run would would result in bigger paying crowds.
Again ....... Spot on !
Exactly what I'm trying to do with my 2 boys

County Valleyboy wrote:Yes, and say comments such as "who the county got today" and "what time is kick off"
If local football fans don't even know our kick off times it says a lot about how well this club markets itself. Even some people that post on here are still confused about how to buy tickets.

The club is in the Argus constantly, our fixtures are shown in pretty much every newspaper out there, shown on Sky Sports, BBC Wales, BBC website, Sky Sports website, this website, the clubs official website, Twitter, FB, etc. etc. etc.

Unless people in Newport live under rocks and have no access to tv, newspapers or the internet there is no excuse for people, especially football fans, not knowing when our fixtures are.
County do a lot of community work with schools etc, so again the club is 'out there' , thousands more managed to turn up for the Wrexham POF, Notts County, Leeds & Spurs.
They don't, however, come out in those sort of numbers even when we have £10 or £5 a ticket games.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:An old idea but in my view a good one.

Tbh if i had to watch from the north terrace it would put me off, horible place to watch a match

Marky wrote:
County Valleyboy wrote:Yes, and say comments such as "who the county got today" and "what time is kick off"
If local football fans don't even know our kick off times it says a lot about how well this club markets itself. Even some people that post on here are still confused about how to buy tickets.
Tbh if they don't know our kick off times which is on par with 99% of kick off time throughout the country then they are not even football fans so we would be wasting our time