Odd County fact

Has anyone else noticed something odd relating to the County Saturday fixtures on the BBC website? For some strange reason, whether home or away, the County fixture for the past 3 weeks has been listed as first for the 3pm kick offs. This goes against the normal 'alphabetical listings'.

On their website today the first fixture says,
Forest Green v Newpôrt, then
Bury v etc all the way down alphabetically.

Perhaps they finally realise how important little old Newpôrt are eh :grin:
How odd.

Re: Odd County fact

pembsexile wrote:Has anyone else noticed something odd relating to the County Saturday fixtures on the BBC website? For some strange reason, whether home or away, the County fixture for the past 3 weeks has been listed as first for the 3pm kick offs. This goes against the normal 'alphabetical listings'.

On their website today the first fixture says,
Forest Green v Newpôrt, then
Bury v etc all the way down alphabetically.

Perhaps they finally realise how important little old Newpôrt are eh :grin:
How odd.
Hi Mike,

I think it is all to do with algorithms. Your computer/phone will have picked up that you are a County supporter. You will also notice that in the match report only Michael Flynn telling Radio Wales his views will be there, not the opposition manager.

Good morning Brendan,
When I first read your reply I thought it was a 'tongue in cheek comment' and chuckled. However, the more I thought about it, the more I thought that you maybe have a point.

I guess this highlights the fact that I do tend to go on the BBC website for County reports quite a bit. Whatever must the algorithms say about my visits to this website. They probably couldn't cope. :grin:

All in the life of being an Exile eh!

Amberexile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:AFC Newport County
Nope, that wouldn't explain it - we were away. Unless of course we were playing AFC Forest Green.
Probably down to the location of your IP address unless you have set alerts in the BBC Sport app
Mine always has County at the top. I'm in northwest Ireland.