Ref yesterday

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Ref yesterday

Postby UPTHEPORT » October 7th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Had a decent game wasnt whistle happy let the game flow

8 from me
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Re: Ref yesterday

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » October 7th, 2018, 12:17 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Had a decent game wasnt whistle happy let the game flow

8 from me

I agree, but you should listen to Cooper’s post match interview as he is highly critical of the Ref’s performance. Clearly he hasn’t experienced Mr Kettle yet,
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » October 7th, 2018, 12:19 pm

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:

8 from me

I agree, but you should listen to Cooper’s post match interview as he is highly critical of the Ref’s performance. Clearly he hasn’t experienced Mr Kettle yet,

Its very rare you get both managers happy as a Ref
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » October 7th, 2018, 1:33 pm

I read that he has done mostly Championship games this year and it showed.They went down looking for fouls and he ignored them whereas L2 refs would have given them.I did think he made a mistake with the pen,it looked like chest at the time and it still does on the video.
no avatar
User

SULLY34

Newport

Postby SULLY34 » October 7th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:I read that he has done mostly Championship games this year and it showed.They went down looking for fouls and he ignored them whereas L2 refs would have given them.I did think he made a mistake with the pen,it looked like chest at the time and it still does on the video.

But another player handled the ball 5 seconds before so it would've still been a pen.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » October 7th, 2018, 3:02 pm

No. He definitely ignored the first appeals and didn't give that decision. There was a clear continuation in play before he blew the whistle after the block by Read.
User

girl saturday

Travelling away normally

Postby girl saturday » October 7th, 2018, 3:21 pm

8 from me

Totally agree Jim, makes a refreshing change when they let it flow and ignore the whinging, similar to the Ref at Tranmere recently.
Last edited by girl saturday on October 8th, 2018, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » October 7th, 2018, 5:30 pm

girl saturday wrote:

8 from me

Totally agree Jim, makes a refreshing change when they let it flow and ignore the winging, similar to the Ref at Tranmere recently.

cant see any quotes off MF in the press saying the ref had a good game . Quick enough to criticise but where is the praise ?

( batton down the hatches Neil that will upset the usual suspects :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » October 7th, 2018, 5:59 pm

reasonable comment neilcork68
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » October 7th, 2018, 6:57 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:reasonable comment neilcork68

It is manager's are as quick as fans to have a pop at officials

How about saying now and then do you know what the ref had a decent game
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » October 7th, 2018, 7:12 pm

The referee did no more, no less than he should have done so why would Flynn mention that? Kettle on the other hand was an utter shite stain and should have been called out on his awful performance......imo.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » October 7th, 2018, 8:40 pm

I thought he missed Matt continually being held from start to finish but miles better than that incompetent tool Kettle
User

girl saturday

Travelling away normally

Postby girl saturday » October 8th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:The referee did no more, no less than he should have done so why would Flynn mention that? Kettle on the other hand was an utter shite stain and should have been called out on his awful performance......imo.

If we stick by that pretext, why do we praise players when they have a good game?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » October 8th, 2018, 9:08 pm

girl saturday wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:The referee did no more, no less than he should have done so why would Flynn mention that? Kettle on the other hand was an utter shite stain and should have been called out on his awful performance......imo.

If we stick by that pretext, why do we praise players when they have a good game?

I don't think we do really, only those that stand out, for example, numerous players had 'good' games v FGR but only 3/4 been mentioned on here because they stood out. Besides, personally because the players are entertaining me with goals, passes, flicks & tricks, tackles etc I'm interested.... However, a referee? Unless he makes really bad decisions he doesn't interest me in the slightest ....
Fwiw fans (some managers even) also criticise players when they've had a noticably bad game too