Re: Andrew Croft

Not sure of what to think of all of this ?

But , to be perfectly honest , I haven't really seen much in him when he has played for us .

We seem to be doing well without him , but who knows what Flynny's thinking was when we signed him . He obviously has a lot of experience , but , personally .... I think we've played better when he hasn't been involved .

No disrespect to the guy as I'm sure he has something to offer , but I think he'd struggle to get back in the side even if fit

Could be another "Hayes" signing ??

Although I don't see much need in croft on the pitch with Bakinson, Dolan and Bennet doing so well in midfield right now I believe that he has a big impact off the pitch especially towards the youngsters being an ex-welsh international and being experienced in the top leagues. Maybe backroom staff for Newport when he retires?

LDExile wrote:Although I don't see much need in croft on the pitch with Bakinson, Dolan and Bennet doing so well in midfield right now I believe that he has a big impact off the pitch especially towards the youngsters being an ex-welsh international and being experienced in the top leagues. Maybe backroom staff for Newport when he retires?
Agree with your sentiments but the season is still young. Will probably need him to cover injuries and/or suspensions at sometime. Not withstanding loss of form or Bakinson being recalled by Bristol City.

I think Crofts will make a difference to the midfield when fit and able. Today I thought Dolan, Bakinson and Willmott were often within close proximity which meant it was easier for Stevenage to attack when they stole the ball off one of them. Perhaps it was as a result of the system County played (3-5-2) because the assumption is that the wing backs take up the wide positions but Forbes didn't really get too far forward until Pipe came on and he was moved forward as right wing. It was slightly better when Bakinson went off because then Willmott played right wing and Semenyo left wing leaving Dolan and Bennett in the middle.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
LDExile wrote:Although I don't see much need in croft on the pitch with Bakinson, Dolan and Bennet doing so well in midfield right now I believe that he has a big impact off the pitch especially towards the youngsters being an ex-welsh international and being experienced in the top leagues. Maybe backroom staff for Newport when he retires?
Agree with your sentiments but the season is still young. Will probably need him to cover injuries and/or suspensions at sometime. Not withstanding loss of form or Bakinson being recalled by Bristol City.
It's a sign of how well we are playing when a very recent Welsh international, and arguably our star signing of the year, is now being seen as cover for teenagers with a handful of L2 appearances.
I think people's expectations of Mr Croft are sinking quicker than the Titanic.
Great result yesterday. Still can't quite believe where we are.