Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Stevenage

Well that was a tremendous game of football. Both teams were determined not to let the wind dictate the game. I couldn't work out which way it was blowing. Certainly not end to end but the flags seemed to be saying into the Bisley, but it didn't feel likely like it. Stevenage were unlike any of the previous anti-football outfits that have played us on their visits. I don't think there were too many complaints about it being all square at the break. I said to my mate that I'd like to see Pipe for Willmott with Forbes pushing forward but unfortunately it happened because of injury. Referee was splendid, one booking each in the first half, about which there can have been no complaints. The players seemed to respect his authority.
Performances..... Bakinson was excellent, as were Bennett and Dolan. Matt was always moving into intelligent positions. Pipe made some sturdy challenges and made them think twice about whether they really wanted to take him on. I don't think Stevenage fans could really think they deserved to win and we would probably have been reasonably happy with a point. Best game so far this season.