You owe me one County !!

I am 80 years old on Monday October 15 and I have been a supporter since 1950,, though I did see County hammer Aldershot 7-0 at Somerton park a season or so earlier, when George Roffi headed four goals, the first full season County played Nottingham Forest in the opening game and lost 0-3 so they owe me a good win today , though To be fair they are good value for money since Mr Flynn has been manager.. So Good Luck lads
Come on the Port !!..................... Bob Bassett.

Re: You owe me one County !!

Brilliant win, Though I had a visons of it going the other way---, Stevenage were a good side especially,Campbell Ryce, their number 20, but David Pipe made a big difference getting the ball forward , But Hey, who's complaining ?
County,-- you, beauty's I think you can stay at the top KEEP IT GOING LADS !!!! Bob Bassett,

BertieB wrote:I am 80 years old on Monday October 15 and I have been a supporter since 1950,, though I did see County hammer Aldershot 7-0 at Somerton park a season or so earlier, when George Roffi headed four goals, the first full season County played Nottingham Forest in the opening game and lost 0-3 so they owe me a good win today , though To be fair they are good value for money since Mr Flynn has been manager.. So Good Luck lads
Come on the Port !!..................... Bob Bassett.

Happy Birthday Rob!

Hey I've just remembered How about this?.......I'm one of the few that cannot say, Why should I go to see them when they are
bad ?--- They never came to see me, !! I was in the Royal; Gwent feeling very low, and I was woken up, with a number of people gazing down on me------after a couple of minutes, it suddenly dawned on me as I recognized Colin Addison and Howard Goddard amongst the faces---I never forgot Mr Addison saying "Come on Bob, Hurry up and get well--WE need you back at Somerton Park" !!! He made it sound like an order !!---------so I did!!--I wasn't going to argue with him !!
Bob Bassett

Many years ago, when a former County director Mr Johnathon Collingbourne was about 10 or 11 years old , the owner of the company I was driving for, Collingbourne Fuels Ltd of Lillleshall Street Newport , Mr Jack Collingbourne Snr, after some persuasion from a certain Mike Lewis another County official sponsored the first, or one of the first football matches ,at Somerton park and we, Johnathon and I were in the Directors box for a match with Bradford City when a hot air balloon took off from the centre of the pitch Colin Addison was the County manager at that time--I would not have believed that I would see County play at Wembley not once but twice many years later BUT I DID. ! ! Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett