Getting hold of tickets

Was at Risca Leisure Centre the other day, and noticed that they are selling tickets for Dragons matches.

Is it true we share a ticketingg system with the Dragons and, even if we don't, is this something we can look into doing?

If we can get tickets into gyms and leisure centres across the NP post codes and it only adds 200 to the gate, it could well be worth looking into.

Just a thought seeing as our crowds continue to be so crap for a side in an automatic promotion spot.

Re: Getting hold of tickets

I am pretty sure we do not share a ticket system with them and apart from the stadium I do not want to share anything with them anyway. They treat us with utter contempt.

It is fair to say the WRU have totally fucked up club rugby in Wales , let us hope they don't start with the football too, shameful of our council to allow them to buy RP in my opinion.

Alan G Bryant wrote:I am pretty sure we do not share a ticket system with them and apart from the stadium I do not want to share anything with them anyway. They treat us with utter contempt.

It is fair to say the WRU have totally fucked up club rugby in Wales , let us hope they don't start with the football too, shameful of our council to allow them to buy RP in my opinion.
I agree completely.

I wonder if it's possible to sell tickets off-site though; in pubs, in gyms, in leisure centres. I cant help but think that having to buy tickets from the club shop in the week is hurting our attendances. Not blaming the club at all as I understand it's likely to be out of their control (perhaps we'll find out one day), but if that is the case it would be good to know whether we can boost our profile in other ways such as this.

Yes , it seems they give a little, then take a little back to antagonise.
For instance, yesterday it was great to have the big screen working to remind us of the score ( like supporters would not know btw ) but the clock was switched off to possibly facilitate the use of that embarrassing Dragon and pathetic castle.

Alan G Bryant wrote:Yes , it seems they give a little, then take a little back to antagonise.
For instance, yesterday it was great to have the big screen working to remind us of the score ( like supporters would not know btw ) but the clock was switched off to possibly facilitate the use of that embarrassing Dragon and pathetic castle.
I've noticed as well. The clock will work then it won't, then it goes off, then it starts again.

The food runs out under the stands now whereas it never did before.
The programme shop are selling programmes out in the cold when there's an empty room behind them.
The card machines under the stands are always on but - apparently - never work.

It's a joke. If the relationship is this bad what do we have to lose by making it public (unless there are legal matters in hand)? Some sort of long term peacful protest could seriously embarrass the WRU.

I do not know , but I read today the WRU Representatives voted to modernise the WRU after the idea was first initially muted in 2016 mainly by reducing their board from 20 to 12 , whether that helps us remains to be seen.

My personal view is the council owe us, not the WRU. Their decision to allow the WRU to waltz in and grab that RP land was a cop out and not in the best interests of our city. Putting aside the whys and wherefores of our demise in the 80s, the reality is that the council sold off Somerton Park and promised us a stadium, they then gave us a running track. Maybe they never believed we would ever return, but we did, and we are back. Our current squad makes me feel as proud as I did in the late 70s and early 80s and my only hope is the council do not allow us to be fucked over again.

They need to realise that this City easily has championship potential, which in turn would be a huge benefit to our city and local economy. This dream will never ever be realised whilst we are restrained and beholden to the WRU dinosaurs. Just look what they have done with their own sport.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
mad norm wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:A month or to back I pud ad on here for job as ticket office manager from WRU Where duties where to sell our tickets as well
You on the Sangria UTP?.....your spollings crip
I spelt pud instead of put ! Hardly end of world stuff.

And that's my phone auto spelling
Purely a jest hope you're having a good holiday.
I too have sent some strange messages since I got a new phone!
Sayfe Jonny home :bounce:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
mad norm wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:A month or to back I pud ad on here for job as ticket office manager from WRU Where duties where to sell our tickets as well
You on the Sangria UTP?.....your spollings crip
I spelt pud instead of put ! Hardly end of world stuff.

And that's my phone auto spelling
I prefer 'pud'! :D

Just newport wrote:I thought we were supposed to be sharing the ticket system then at the last minute we went and dine our own thing.
What appears to have happened is that we haven't changed systems as was planned, so all the perceived benefits of doing so will not be gained such as closer coordination with the Dragons.