Re: Labadie

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I think that if any player is allowed to be bigger than the club then it may very well blast team spirit to shreds.

If Willthiswork's correct it might explain yesterday's apparent lack of gumption. :pale:

:roll: .. We were just beaten by a better team on the day. No problem with the effort the players put in imo, we had plenty of chances, just unfortunate that we had a few key players missing.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

:roll: .. We were just beaten by a better team on the day. No problem with the effort the players put in imo, we had plenty of chances, just unfortunate that we had a few key players missing.
Pleased you weren't banned, relieved you seem chilled. :grin:

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I think that if any player is allowed to be bigger than the club then it may very well blast team spirit to shreds.

If Willthiswork's correct it might explain yesterday's apparent lack of gumption. :pale:

Admittedly we had players missing but regardless of that the 4-3-3 formation does not suit us. In fact it has now yielded just 2 points from a possible 12. Personally I would have put Pring in a back 3 and left out Cooper or Sheehan and dropped Semenyo back to right midfield. Butler is always exposed in a flat back 4 yet he is immense as a wing back. Forbes and Pipe also need that protection in my view.

Labadie when he played for us we won many more games than we lost. He is a born winner and although plays on the edge he gives the younger players protection and gives our midfield grit and fight that as it stands we do not have. He definitely gives the team a physical edge that is missing in buckets this season. Too light weight and nice in midfield as it stands.
Welcome Labadie back with open arms could be the missing link for our play off push.

As I said earlier in this thread, never say never regarding the return of Labs. I would like to see him back in the side though there is a big but.
There is a huge difference between going through rehab, gaining fitness, being good in training and being match ready. Too many players return from ACL injuries as very different players. I think Sheeran is a prime example of that.
It's very possible that football has seen the best of Labs and he might not be able to cut it for us.
Love to see him back in an amber shirt again though.

allontheamber wrote:As I said earlier in this thread, never say never regarding the return of Labs. I would like to see him back in the side though there is a big but.
There is a huge difference between going through rehab, gaining fitness, being good in training and being match ready. Too many players return from ACL injuries as very different players. I think Sheeran is a prime example of that.
It's very possible that football has seen the best of Labs and he might not be able to cut it for us.
Love to see him back in an amber shirt again though.
This sums it up for me too

From what I hear, he is on less now than he was offered in the Summer. If true, an excellent piece of business by Flynn, biding his time and getting his man on his terms. If he is back to his best, he will be the missing piece to our jigsaw right now.

Quality player, if he stays fit will give us so much.

Was told a couple of weeks ago that he was very close to signing for us again but I didn't think we'd get it over the line .
I assume he's had a medical and is ok. Hopefully see him in a County shirt in a couple of weeks