Re: Labadie

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I think that if any player is allowed to be bigger than the club then it may very well blast team spirit to shreds.

If Willthiswork's correct it might explain yesterday's apparent lack of gumption. :pale:
He was retained since the summer and he has been training with the first team for several weeks, I would imagine if the squad harmony was in jeopardy Flynn wouldn't have signed him and he is probably already bedded in. If the rumors are true that we have got him on less money than we offered in the summer it's a good piece of business at a time where we are thin on numbers in midfield.

Seven months since the injury if my maths are correct, is quite a short timescale for an ACL injury. Of course there are always degrees of damage for any ligament damage and an element of 'wait and see' with surgical success. Early signs appear positive though.

LDExile wrote:Just wondering I saw it say that this signing was made due to the increase in the supporters trust members, just how much has the supporters trust income been increased by?
'matched funding approach by the trust and individual board members' is an interesting comment, Not certain what that means?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
LDExile wrote:Just wondering I saw it say that this signing was made due to the increase in the supporters trust members, just how much has the supporters trust income been increased by?
'matched funding approach by the trust and individual board members' is an interesting comment, Not certain what that means?
The board doesn't get paid I'm pretty sure so I'm assuming that they put some of their own money towards the deal. 50/50 maybe

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:The cynic in me might suggest we look a better bet than FGR at the moment, or have they lost interest?
Will admit I was doubting this too but perhaps the guy is happy here, who knows. We did after all have a punt in signing him originally, perhaps he’s repaying our faith in him. Good on him anyway for not taking a wage until he got fit. I’ll eat my words and forget my misgivings so Welcome back Joss Labadie , I hope you’ve made a full recovery and hope to see you in action just as soon as you regain match fitness. All the best.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:The cynic in me might suggest we look a better bet than FGR at the moment, or have they lost interest?
I could understand your comment if FGR were bottom but they are in the playoff places with us so how do we look a better bet?

Ugo. wrote:
I could understand your comment if FGR were bottom but they are in the playoff places with us so how do we look a better bet?
I actually don't believe we are. Afterall we don't have a vegan 'sugar daddy', but perhaps others may see it differently,

Amberexile wrote:Whatever the background and goings on, what a difference a fit Labadie would have made to our midfield tonight.
I agree , Bennett looks to be running on empty and his effort has been immense. Sheehan and Cooper have been woeful. I hope Crofts comes good but Bakinson has been the player that has made us tick so far,aided by Dolan.

Great point tonight.