Ball 29 Newport County

FA Cup draw on Monday evening.

Prize money increased this season so if we repeat last season’s heroics we can pick up

Round One £36k
Round Two £54k
Round Three £135.5k

If we do better it’s

Round Four £180k
Round Five £360k
Quarter Final £720k
Semi Final winner £1.8M
Semi Final loser £900k
Runner Up £1.8M
Winner £3.6M

Worth £6,885,500 if we win it.

Skybet have us at 2,000/1 to win the FA Cup.

Re: Ball 29 Newport County

wattsville_boy wrote:Getting through Rounds 1 and 2 would give a decent budget for the January window. Don't forget there are gate receipts and possible TV coverage money to be added to that. After the heroics of last season we might be seen as a favourable team to cover...
Our best chance of being live, and that chance being about 100% certain, is if we're drawn away to Salford City.

Cynical, moi?

George Street-Bridge wrote:
DT1892 wrote:I'd love Wrexham at home, probably a TV tie, but Haringey Borough or Met Police at home is probably the 'safest' bet to advance.
Isn't this round drawn north and south?
We played Harrow Borough away in the cup back in the 70’s I think. They had a certain player called George Duck up front for them which caused most of the first half to be taken up with foul references like “ he’s swanning around again “ etc etc. It couldn’t have been that enthralling a contest. Anybody remember the score ? I’ve got a 1-0 win at the back of my mind. Hope it’s not another year of a non-league side dumping us, we need the cash!

lowandhard wrote:
DT1892 wrote:I'd love Wrexham at home, probably a TV tie, but Haringey Borough or Met Police at home is probably the 'safest' bet to advance.
We played Harrow Borough away in the cup back in the 70’s I think. They had a certain player called George Duck up front for them which caused most of the first half to be taken up with foul references like “ he’s swanning around again “ etc etc. It couldn’t have been that enthralling a contest. Anybody remember the score ? I’ve got a 1-0 win at the back of my mind. Hope it’s not another year of a non-league side dumping us, we need the cash!
1983 if memory serves. We won 3-1

lowandhard wrote:
Think it was early 80s - we won 3-1 but were a bit shakey at 2-1 ...
If we draw Harringay I hope it's a home game as I was at their ground last season and it was a tad unpleasant.

rgds Dave