Re: Grandstand : Creepy Crawley

Yelwarc wrote:I thought you played really quite well for about five minutes at the start of the second half.On another day you could have scored a couple of those chances.

I didn't realise you were missing so many important players today if I'm being honest.
A shame to read that, as it takes a little gloss off of a decent committed display.
Thought Gambin was fantastic first half. Fair play, best team won today. If you play like that you'll make playoffs.

aberexile wrote:
Yelwarc wrote:I thought you played really quite well for about five minutes at the start of the second half.On another day you could have scored a couple of those chances.

I didn't realise you were missing so many important players today if I'm being honest.
A shame to read that, as it takes a little gloss off of a decent committed display.
Thought Gambin was fantastic first half. Fair play, best team won today. If you play like that you'll make playoffs.
Unfortunately for us we only play like that about once a year.
It would be good to see two ex southern league rivals up there come what May though!

lowandhard wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:Was Franks sending off justified or do we have room for appeal?
...and is it 2games and does it start immediately or after Tuesday?
Argus says Flynn may appeal it.

Would have thought it would be 3 game ban as it was straight red for a tackle
Last edited by Ugo. on October 20th, 2018, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It was a case of some of the players who had a chance to shine with so many players out were dull and Flynn was very disappointed with a few in particular who were not good enough at this level. I can accept that if a player is not good enough and gives 100 % effort and run themself into the ground. But when it was the case that Crawley's eleven wanted it more it leaves a nasty taste in ones mouth.
Especially for the travelling fans hope this is a blip like the Yeovil debacle and we can get our pride back against Bury.
I have great concerns for Crofts and Marsh-Brown because they recover from one injury then have another I am starting to think will they be luxuries that we cannot afford because of their injury prone bodies.
Last edited by somerton moss on October 21st, 2018, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodneyboy wrote:I listened to the game on I-Follow and Tim was absolutely tamping about the penalty and about Breakspear's performance in general.
Like yourself I didn't see the penalty and can't comment directly on it. However there does seem to be a general view that we get a bad deal, on penalties especially, from referees. Sometimes because of a pro English, anti Welsh bias.

Go on YouTube and watch the penalty we were given v Notts County in May 2017. Now imagine that penalty had been given against us. Imagine you are a Hartlepool fan.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rodneyboy wrote:I listened to the game on I-Follow and Tim was absolutely tamping about the penalty and about Breakspear's performance in general.
Like yourself I didn't see the penalty and can't comment directly on it. However there does seem to be a general view that we get a bad deal, on penalties especially, from referees. Sometimes because of a pro English, anti Welsh bias.

Go on YouTube and watch the penalty we were given v Notts County in May 2017. Now imagine that penalty had been given against us. Imagine you are a Hartlepool fan.

I can't comment either but what I do know is that if you google Luton 2 v 1 Newport from August of the same season and watch the last minute penalty decision then google the ref, you'll see he has form against us.

Spiderman wrote:
I can't comment either but what I do know is that if you google Luton 2 v 1 Newport from August of the same season and watch the last minute penalty decision then google the ref, you'll see he has form against us.
Ask yourself this. Do you genuinely believe that yesterday's referee has a bias against Newport County?

I don't.

Do I believe some referees give penalties more easily than others? Yes. Do I believe some referees are better than others? Yes.

We all remember Coggins. However, and I know I have said this before, that season at Sutton we got an equally ridiculous penalty given our way, nobody complained, nobody remembers the name of the ref who gave it.

Just watched it on Sly Sports website. Their player appears to swing at it and fall over whilst throwing his arms in the air. Ref was conned pure and simple, unfortunately at our expense. We then go chasing the game and leave gaps.

It's shocking how with all the money in football these days, refs in leagues 1 and 2 are still part-time. Surely this alienates 50% of people who would like to become a ref but couldn't afford to do it part-time. It's bonkers.