Re: Grandstand : Creepy Crawley

Breakspear was the ref against Mansfield at home last season.He gave their players multiple warnings about holding in the box but then let it go when the corner came in.In the second half he blew up only to book one of their guys and have the corner retaken as he had blown a second before the kick.I might have Amber in the blood but it sure looked like he would never give us a pen that day.

Percy plunkett wrote:Breakspear was the ref against Mansfield at home last season.He gave their players multiple warnings about holding in the box but then let it go when the corner came in.In the second half he blew up only to book one of their guys and have the corner retaken as he had blown a second before the kick.I might have Amber in the blood but it sure looked like he would never give us a pen that day.
Same question. And your view whatever it is, is perfectly valid. Do you believe Breakspreare has a bias against Newport County?

Here's the games he's refereed us in league 2.
20/10/18 - Crawley (a) lost 4-1
4/4/18 - Swindon (h) won 2-1
6/12/17 - Wycombe (a) lost 2-0
21/10/17 - Mansfield (h) drew 1-1
21/03/17 - Luton (h) drew 1-1
26/12/16 - Portsmouth (h) lost 3-2
16/08/16 - Luton (a) lost 2-1
21/03/15 - Plymouth (a) drew 0-0
19/03/14 - Dagenham (h) lost 2-1

1 win 3 draws and 5 defeats

Newport County
25 yellow cards
4 red cards

Opposition
19 yellow cards
2 red cards

Penalties awarded for us - 1
Penalties for opposition - 5

There certainly seems a bias towards the opposition, but who knows it could be that we've been shit.

Spiderman wrote:Here's the games he's refereed us in league 2.
20/10/18 - Crawley (a) lost 4-1
4/4/18 - Swindon (h) won 2-1
6/12/17 - Wycombe (a) lost 2-0
21/10/17 - Mansfield (h) drew 1-1
21/03/17 - Luton (h) drew 1-1
26/12/16 - Portsmouth (h) lost 3-2
16/08/16 - Luton (a) lost 2-1
21/03/15 - Plymouth (a) drew 0-0
19/03/14 - Dagenham (h) lost 2-1

1 win 3 draws and 5 defeats

Newport County
25 yellow cards
4 red cards

Opposition
19 yellow cards
2 red cards

Penalties awarded for us - 1
Penalties for opposition - 5

There certainly seems a bias towards the opposition, but who knows it could be that we've been shit.
He was prob ok against Swindon - I think refs have good days and bad days like players but I do not think that there is ever bias unless maybe one team is causing grief all the time and then it’s human nature to take a dislike.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Spiderman wrote:
I can't comment either but what I do know is that if you google Luton 2 v 1 Newport from August of the same season and watch the last minute penalty decision then google the ref, you'll see he has form against us.
Ask yourself this. Do you genuinely believe that yesterday's referee has a bias against Newport County?

I don't.

Do I believe some referees give penalties more easily than others? Yes. Do I believe some referees are better than others? Yes.

We all remember Coggins. However, and I know I have said this before, that season at Sutton we got an equally ridiculous penalty given our way, nobody complained, nobody remembers the name of the ref who gave it.
He might not have a bias against County in particular, but he might well favour the home side.

Cornish Exile wrote:
He might not have a bias against County in particular, but he might well favour the home side.

You may well be right.

All humans react to all stimulus. A home crowd shouting for a penalty will 'firm up' a referee in giving one. It is one of the many advantages a home side have. They are only tiny advantages but they do exist.