Re: THE MF BOOK OF EXCUSES

flat4 wrote:So which one will he use this week, the cracks of despair are beginning to show, has he lost the dressing room, one thing for sure the Argus will report in there usual way.

Sits down awaiting the gun fire.
Are you Flat4, or "Flat Back4?", as in, BACK to my homework for Monday; BACK to my revising for my GCSE's; BACK to my little keyboard because it makes me feel part of something, even if I ain't. By the way, did you mean "their" in your reference to the Argus? "There" has a difference inference altogether. Pathetic post.

Percy plunkett wrote:
lowandhard wrote:https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... wley-town/

Don’t think he’s under any illusions, the second stringers are not up to it so we’re at the mercy of the healing powers of the physio. Get ready for the slide.
To be honest,only Cooper could be described as a second stringer of the starting eleven and with Harris on the bench there is no reason why we were so second best today.

Bennet was our only midfielder today at least Cooper tries but I don't know what's happened to Sheehan

Percy plunkett wrote:
lowandhard wrote:https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... wley-town/

Don’t think he’s under any illusions, the second stringers are not up to it so we’re at the mercy of the healing powers of the physio. Get ready for the slide.
To be honest,only Cooper could be described as a second stringer of the starting eleven and with Harris on the bench there is no reason why we were so second best today.
True, but what it meant was that he picked imho an unbalanced team as a result of our deficiencies. Sheehan ( in present form ), Cooper and Bennett makes a pretty poor midfield imho. Mind you I was not there today so defer to those who witnessed the formation and performance.

You all go on about how poor some of our playing squad is, have you forgotten who brought them to the club in the first place, while our current position in the table looks good when you look at the stat`s they don`t lie, there is a current down trend in our overall performance irrespective of the result which indicates there are things going on behind closed doors we are not party too when it comes to the playing staff.
A true reflection of where we as a club stand will be more visible by our league position at xmas.

Why is it that you think that MF should have to come out with excuses? MF is definitely not the finished article, but have you forgotten what he has done for this club already?

With a restricted budget and a paper thin playing staff staff for most of the season we have been in the automatic promotion play off spots. We are now fourth. How disastrous eh?

There are a lot of things wrong with the policy at the club (particularly with regards to long term plans) but having Michael Flynn as manager is not one of them. I suggest that you have a look at your original post and do a little bit of self censorship.

Criticism is fine but your original post is way, way over the top. In my opinion it offers no value, no insight and no solution.

BertieB wrote:What a stupid opening post and title !!--the writer should be banned from this notice board, and please dont give me all the crap about each person is allowed to voice their opinion.................."flat4" ??? the idiot !!
Come on thhe 'Port......Bob Bassett
Sorry Mr.B but that is the point of a message board. People should be allowed and encouraged to voice their opinion however idiotic or ill thought out they maybe (excepting of course racist, sexist, homophobic comments etc)
Disagree with them by all means but ban them for having an opinion, definitely not.

flat4 wrote:You all go on about how poor some of our playing squad is, have you forgotten who brought them to the club in the first place, while our current position in the table looks good when you look at the stat`s they don`t lie, there is a current down trend in our overall performance irrespective of the result which indicates there are things going on behind closed doors we are not party too when it comes to the playing staff.
A true reflection of where we as a club stand will be more visible by our league position at xmas.

Surely the stats that matter are:- P14 W8 D3 L3 Points 27 Position 4th.

pembsexile wrote:Why is it that you think that MF should have to come out with excuses? MF is definitely not the finished article, but have you forgotten what he has done for this club already?

With a restricted budget and a paper thin playing staff staff for most of the season we have been in the automatic promotion play off spots. We are now fourth. How disastrous eh?

There are a lot of things wrong with the policy at the club (particularly with regards to long term plans) but having Michael Flynn as manager is not one of them. I suggest that you have a look at your original post and do a little bit of self censorship.

Criticism is fine but your original post is way, way over the top. In my opinion it offers no value, no insight and no solution.
It is a myth that we have a small squad.There are 22 pro players,we had seven injuries and we still could name four subs.I looked back to the early eighties and our squad was 16 regulars with a few floaters playing a handful of games each.The PFA have convinced the EFL that we need seven subs so each club feel the need to employ 5 or 6 extra players to fill the bench.The PFA can now guarantee work for another 300+ pro footballers just in the EFL alone.