Re: Cup Draw Reaction Live

bedeck wrote:Sat 10th Nov - just looked at trains around London and there is a strike on Saturdays in Nov so no trains possibly running from South Western Rail. Could be a problem for us Essex /
Londoners.
Travel on SWR quite a bit and they are average in terms of service. To be fair I've made a few trips on Saturday when there is strike action and the core services run OK to an amended timetable. You could do Waterloo>Esther - it's not too far to walk from there.

rgds Dave

Re: Cup Draw Reaction Live

bedeck wrote:Sat 10th Nov - just looked at trains around London and there is a strike on Saturdays in Nov so no trains possibly running from South Western Rail. Could be a problem for us Essex /
Londoners.
SWR (and SWT before them) have been running strikes for about 3 years now, I'm yet to be affected by one to Waterloo from the Southampton area, despite using their service at least 6 times a week.

Whether that's different in the London area remains to be seen, but they'll put which services are and aren't running online in the week leading up to it - there's a strike running all this week including Saturday and the Saturday services at the moment are here: https://www.southwesternrailway.com/pla ... 27-october

They've tended to run the exact same "reduced" services every time there's a strike, so I'd say that was a pretty good indicator of Waterloo to Esher trains for Nov 10th.

Esher Station isn't closed, and it's on the mainline to (I think) Woking so even a reduced service from the four trains an hour they usually run will be at least one train an hour.

In short, should be fine.