Re: 100% support, where from here?

Spytty is crap. It always was and returning there would be madness. If we do it's back to tier 6.

We have two options. Firstly we can be proactive. Approach the Dragons and the City Council and argue that both codes should have an equal stake in Rodney Parade. That this would be good for County, Dragons and Newport. And all three together could develop Rodney Parade to be a stadium we all thrive in.

Second option, back to Spytty and Tier 6.

The Welsh Rugby Football Union don't wish us any harm but don't owe us anything. I had hoped the new influx on to our board of directors would realize this and be proactive. I have to confess that whilst I still hope this, I am beginning to have doubts.

It is same old story our board don't tell us what is going on but they are quick to ask us to increase our Trust membership which I have done I would like to stay at RP but if we have to move to SP we need to have some ownership of ground and get rid of running track. Move athletics club to cricket end of SP it would be smaller but they only train there and give them end room on right side of offices ,fence off behind goal .They don't need all the space they have now. I know some of you are going to say but they are tenants but in the scheme of things who offers more to our city ?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I reckon the WRU would want at least £3 million for our equal share in RP.
So County borrow £3,000,000 from the city council to be paid back over 30 years.

Doable.
Maybe, if only the WRU had a tangible incentive to sell rather than a burning desire to get rid of us as soon as possible and get on with developing their asset for their own advantage.

Lovely idea but in my opinion it will never happen and we have to look at more realistic options.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I reckon the WRU would want at least £3 million for our equal share in RP.
So County borrow £3,000,000 from the city council to be paid back over 30 years.

Doable.
Maybe, if only the WRU had a tangible incentive to sell rather than a burning desire to get rid of us as soon as possible and get on with developing their asset for their own advantage.

Lovely idea but in my opinion it will never happen and we have to look at more realistic options.
Newport City Council can control that. Which is why my view is that we have always had to work in conjunction with the Council and the Dragons.

You may be right, I think you are, in that it is already too late. However if we try and fail that is no disgrace. If we don't try then we condemn ourselves.