Re: 100% support, where from here?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
You may be right, I think you are, in that it is already too late. However if we try and fail that is no disgrace. If we don't try then we condemn ourselves.
I'm pretty certain that we have already tried and failed.
Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? For me perhaps if it were done in public it might have a greater chance of success. Look at what people power did for Charlton Athletic a generation back.

Can't see an alternative to Spytty. Unless we get an unbelievably rich benefactor, building our own stadium from scratch just won't happen. Why buy 50% of a century old s***hole unless the plan is to sell it to finance a new ground.
A lot of the infrastructure at Spytty is already there. The running has to go as will the condemned shed. Bring the pitch up to the stand and build on the opposite side. Plenty of room when the two running track straights and the shed are gone.
We save on the cost of land including car parking area if we could successfully negotiate with the Council.
This must surely be the most cost effective way of getting a fit for purpose 21st century stadium of our own. Who knows, we may get an investor if we could prove a return for them.
Getting excited at the thought of it so much so I might apply now for my old Block B season ticket.

allontheamber wrote:That would have to be part of the negotiations but it can't be too difficult to re-home and athletics track. Cwmbran maybe? Does the university have athletics facilities that could incorporate the Harriers?
Fair enough. The point I was making was they would have to be found a new home, if Spytty were to be redeveloped as you suggest. Not Cwmbran I wouldn't think as they have their own Athletics club.