Re: 100% support, where from here?

SJG99 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote: Where do we go? Back to non league, that's where. Have to get a deal to stay longer at Rodders NOW or hope the Board has a shiny new stadium ready to be built in the next couple of years...
Why "back to non-League"? Do you mean because Spytty isn't suitable for League football or because you don't think we can sustain the income to stay in the league without our own stadium (which we're somehow managing to do at the moment). I mean if any club has the experience of ground sharing it's County.

Both. It’s (Spytty) not up to League standard and we won’t be able to play in the FL there without a significant amount of money spent on it.
We’re barely managing though. We have to rely on cup runs or player sales just to survive. If we don’t get either this year I wouldn’t like to think of the losses we’ll incur.

Amberexile wrote:In the same time period as confirming the trust/hybrid/whatever position we need to agree/decide whether a longer agreement at RP is going to happen or whether we are going back to Spytty. We should be pressing on to make that time period by the start of next season.
I don't disagree with that but we are utterly powerless. The WRU hold all the cards, if they don't want us, and the ticket office fiasco tends to suggest they don't, what realistically can we do?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:In the same time period as confirming the trust/hybrid/whatever position we need to agree/decide whether a longer agreement at RP is going to happen or whether we are going back to Spytty. We should be pressing on to make that time period by the start of next season.
I don't disagree with that but we are utterly powerless. The WRU hold all the cards, if they don't want us, and the ticket office fiasco tends to suggest they don't, what realistically can we do?
What we can do is use the three years to get Spytty back up to EFL standard unless the hybrid model gives us another alternative. What we can't do is leave it any later than that to make the decision to stick or twist.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
What we can do is use the three years to get Spytty back up to EFL standard unless the hybrid model gives us another alternative. What we can't do is leave it any later than that to make the decision to stick or twist.
I'd be interested to know in which ways Spytty isn't up to spec. I'm sure you lot have had this discussion enough times before?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

In which case they should come clean and signal their intentions. If they plan to go north, then tell us, if they plan to involve us, then let us know the figures involved, if they plan to sell the land for building , then tell us. At least then we can start making provisions for our future.
As I said, 6 months ago the Dragons chairman announced his ambitious regeneration project and we have since heard nothing.
This was his quote at the time

“The WRU are not going to write us a cheque and say to go and develop that area. We as a board will have to raise that money and we will be under pressure to deliver because we will have to raise the capital or find partners in order to develop that end of the ground."

Have they found partners? We hear from them that we got a great deal at Rodney parade and that they want us to work together so surely if this is the case, they would be asking us to jointly fund. Have we even been approached?
It would appear that 18 months on from the acquisition no one has the first clue as to what the WRU's long term plan for Rodney Parade is.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

In which case they should come clean and signal their intentions. If they plan to go north, then tell us, if they plan to involve us, then let us know the figures involved, if they plan to sell the land for building , then tell us. At least then we can start making provisions for our future.
As I said, 6 months ago the Dragons chairman announced his ambitious regeneration project and we have since heard nothing.
This was his quote at the time

“The WRU are not going to write us a cheque and say to go and develop that area. We as a board will have to raise that money and we will be under pressure to deliver because we will have to raise the capital or find partners in order to develop that end of the ground."

Have they found partners? We hear from them that we got a great deal at Rodney parade and that they want us to work together so surely if this is the case, they would be asking us to jointly fund. Have we even been approached?
It would appear that 18 months on from the acquisition no one has the first clue as to what the WRU's long term plan for Rodney Parade is.
From the point of view of the WRU why should they come clean? The are looking after the best interests of Welsh rugby. If it suits them to tell us f@ck all, f@ck all is what we will be told.

SJG99 wrote: I'd be interested to know in which ways Spytty isn't up to spec. I'm sure you lot have had this discussion enough times before?
Not a definitive list but we have removed the temporary stands and there was a problem with the terrace that caused the capacity to be reduced and since then the safety specification for crush barriers has been changed and they don't meet the new spec.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: From the point of view of the WRU why should they come clean? The are looking after the best interests of Welsh rugby. If it suits them to tell us f@ck all, f@ck all is what we will be told.
Strange sort of deal where they tell us nothing and we keep handing over money to pay for improvements to a ground we're potentially leaving soon. I'm just waiting for the news that we'll have a massive increase in rent if we get promoted.

Marky wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: From the point of view of the WRU why should they come clean? The are looking after the best interests of Welsh rugby. If it suits them to tell us f@ck all, f@ck all is what we will be told.
Strange sort of deal where they tell us nothing and we keep handing over money to pay for improvements to a ground we're potentially leaving soon. I'm just waiting for the news that we'll have a massive increase in rent if we get promoted.
The amount of the increase in rent if we get promoted is already specified in the agreement

Amberexile wrote:
SJG99 wrote: I'd be interested to know in which ways Spytty isn't up Spytty would to spec. I'm sure you lot have had this discussion enough times before?
Not a definitive list but we have removed the temporary stands and there was a problem with the terrace that caused the capacity to be reduced and since then the safety specification for crush barriers has been changed and they don't meet the new spec.
It would probably be easier to list in which ways Spytty would comply with league regs. It would take a fortune to make it comply. Now the old Sainsburys site........

Amberexile wrote:
SJG99 wrote: I'd be interested to know in which ways Spytty isn't up to spec. I'm sure you lot have had this discussion enough times before?
It might be easier to ask in what ways it IS up to spec. And that's before factoring in hospitality facilities, its remoteness from transport hubs and the shock to the system of going back to watching across a track.