Re: New Commercial Manager

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Okay, so you don't care.

But your argument is without merit.

If the person appointed would have been the best candidate he would get the job in any event. If there was a better candidate who should and would have got the job, the process has effectively damaged Newport County.

You might not care. I do.
I don't care as I feel we've done well this time. As we did with Flynn.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Okay, so you don't care.

But your argument is without merit.

If the person appointed would have been the best candidate he would get the job in any event. If there was a better candidate who should and would have got the job, the process has effectively damaged Newport County.

You might not care. I do.
I don't care as I feel we've done well this time. As we did with Flynn.
If he is the best candidate, he will have got the job anyway? I want the best for my club. Now I accept completely that you do to.

As the job can be advertised for free on any number of media, including the club website, your cost argument is again without merit.

So do you think jobs should be given via open tender or by patronage? Simple question.

Exile 1976 wrote: I don’t think it was this time tbh with you but it was last time and we somehow ended up with an awful comm manager. Not saying it’s right but hopefully this appointment works
the job wasnt advertised the guy was headhunted because of the poor quality of applicants last time

xisle wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote: I don’t think it was this time tbh with you but it was last time and we somehow ended up with an awful comm manager. Not saying it’s right but hopefully this appointment works
the job wasnt advertised the guy was headhunted because of the poor quality of applicants last time
I look forward to reading what Exile 76 has to say about that.

You know about all the applications? You read them? You sat in on the interviews?

Sorry mate your post is the biggest load of bollox since Red Rum was gelded. :grin:

pembsexile wrote:Morning Brendan. Just have to say - sometimes, you are quite naughty on this board. You are enjoying this little spat. I feel that it is only fair that I point out that it is my understanding that you are a Barrister who has a speciality in employment law. Wherever and whenever this applies to the County it gives added spice to you. You bloody love it! :grin: Naughty.

I was going to put a 'maybe' before the 'has a speciality' then of course as you point out my argument would have been flawed. (Maybe).

Maybe there is a reason he did not question how many black and ethnic minority players Newport County have employed.

Maybe he forgot that Newport County employed Neville Chamberlain in the 1980's when it would have been easier not to.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
xisle wrote:

You know about all the applications? You read them? You sat in on the interviews?

Sorry mate your post is the biggest load of bollox since Red Rum was gelded. :grin:
I know what I have been told by a very reliable source :grin:
just because the truth doesnt suit your bias i see you are getting abusive when youve been proved wrong again
true to form and more than a little sad

Alan G Bryant wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Morning Brendan. Just have to say - sometimes, you are quite naughty on this board. You are enjoying this little spat. I feel that it is only fair that I point out that it is my understanding that you are a Barrister who has a speciality in employment law. Wherever and whenever this applies to the County it gives added spice to you. You bloody love it! :grin: Naughty.

I was going to put a 'maybe' before the 'has a speciality' then of course as you point out my argument would have been flawed. (Maybe).

Maybe there is a reason he did not question how many black and ethnic minority players Newport County have employed.

Maybe he forgot that Newport County employed Neville Chamberlain in the 1980's when it would have been easier not to.
No maybe about it. I was talking about administrative staff. The clue is in the use of the words administrative staff.

Neville Chamberlain was a player, not a member of the administrative staff.

xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

just because the truth doesnt suit your bias i see you are getting abusive when youve been proved wrong again
Well ask your reliable source why they appointed Ms Hemming? Clearly your very reliable source is not too clever, otherwise they would have left the post open. And as you didn't see the application forms, sit in on the interviews, etc you are relying on the word of someone who is not too clever.

Sad.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well ask your reliable source why they appointed Ms Hemming? Clearly your very reliable source is not too clever, otherwise they would have left the post open. And as you didn't see the application forms, sit in on the interviews, etc you are relying on the word of someone who is not too clever.

Sad.
Do you know how many black or ethnic minority people applied for the position?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Do you know how many black or ethnic minority people applied for the position?
No. I don't know who applied for the job. What I do know is that I would always want the best candidate to be employed.

If you appoint then as I said above you not only risk not getting the best person available but you open yourself up to accusations of nepotism.

Now I appreciate that a person who doesn't understand the difference between playing staff and administration staff does need to have the same point made over and over again. However I am beginning to find you somewhat repetitive.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Sad.
I could ask but as they had no association with the club at the time it would be rather pointless but they do know through a current relationship is that the job wasnt advertised the guy was headhunted because of the poor quality of applicants last time
sorry if the truth disappoints you and contradicts your fantasy but thats life

I think you’re wrong there Xisle. My nephew was interviewed last time and I know for a fact there were directors who wanted him but Alex Tunbridge chose Ms Hemming for whatever reason (my guess is money) but then after he left they spent the summer months contacting him hoping he was still interested, unfortunately for the club, that ship had sailed

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:It was advertised just over a year ago , maybe they had his details on file , maybe they approached him or maybe he approached the club.

Personally, I am not particularly bothered as to how he got appointed as he looks a good appointment on paper, saying that, so did Westley and that was advertised. Mike Flynn's appointment was not advertised. Go figure
Whenever an argument needs to be qualified by maybe, the argument is flawed.

Now you say that the job was advertised a year ago and maybe they had his details on file. Let us assume you are correct, then he lost out to Ms Hemming. Hardly an unqualified endorsement is it.

My view is that all administrative jobs should be openly contested. That removes the possibility of nepotism. It also removes the possibility of the allegation of nepotism.

Unfounded or not, allegations are sometimes made. And if you can't refute them then true or not they stick.

Putting on my wig and gown, if I were trying to undermine Newport County as an equal op's employer.

Since the club reformed 30 years ago how many directors have Newport County had?

Since the club reformed 30 years ago how many administrative staff have the club employed?

How many black and ethnic minority directors have Newport County had in the last 30 years?

How many black and ethnic minority administrative staff have Newport County employed in the last 30 years?

And you appoint rather than interview these staff?

For the record I don't believe our club are deliberately discriminatory in their employment practise. However it doesn't look good does it.

Go figure.
So you're saying that we should positively descriminate and tick the diversity box just because somebody is black or asian ?

Ado wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:It was advertised just over a year ago , maybe they had his details on file , maybe they approached him or maybe he approached the club.

Personally, I am not particularly bothered as to how he got appointed as he looks a good appointment on paper, saying that, so did Westley and that was advertised. Mike Flynn's appointment was not advertised. Go figure
Whenever an argument needs to be qualified by maybe, the argument is flawed.

Now you say that the job was advertised a year ago and maybe they had his details on file. Let us assume you are correct, then he lost out to Ms Hemming. Hardly an unqualified endorsement is it.

My view is that all administrative jobs should be openly contested. That removes the possibility of nepotism. It also removes the possibility of the allegation of nepotism.

Unfounded or not, allegations are sometimes made. And if you can't refute them then true or not they stick.

Putting on my wig and gown, if I were trying to undermine Newport County as an equal op's employer.

Since the club reformed 30 years ago how many directors have Newport County had?

Since the club reformed 30 years ago how many administrative staff have the club employed?

How many black and ethnic minority directors have Newport County had in the last 30 years?

How many black and ethnic minority administrative staff have Newport County employed in the last 30 years?

And you appoint rather than interview these staff?

For the record I don't believe our club are deliberately discriminatory in their employment practise. However it doesn't look good does it.

Go figure.
So you're saying that we should positively descriminate and tick the diversity box just because somebody is black or asian ?
No I am not.

Positive discrimination is a criminal offence. I do wish people like you would not suggest I am saying things which I am not.

Once again can I merely ask would people read what I write not what others say I write?