Re: Grandstand v Morecambe

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:If only Flynn were no longer manager, as per Stan's wish.
Hi George,

Wondered how long it would take you to join in. Just out of interest what is your view on players running to celebrate in front of opposing supporters?
I'd start by asking myself if, in the moment, the player is even aware precisely where he.is running to. Like you, I wasn't there. But then again I'm not encumbered.by an obsession with guilt and apology.
I know but you are encumbered by an inability to answer a simple question. Watch the video on YouTube. Sheehan can be seen turning to the Carlisle supporters and Nurse can be seen running a long way out of his way to get to the Carlisle supporters.

Now whilst it was no doubt a hot headed spur of the moment act it did very nearly set off an incident. My view is that it was wrong and is deserving of at least an apology. Which would defuse the situation. Carlisle like every club attract a few morons who may use this as an excuse for a bit of afters in the return fixture.

So what do you think?

George Street-Bridge wrote:I'm genuinely not that bothered in this instance.

The "incident" involved a loss of self-control by Carlisle supporters who were responsible for their own actions.....
As you say like you I wasn't there. Now I have no idea whether the claim made that in addition to what we can see on YouTube it is true or not that a steward struck a Carlisle supporter.

Interesting that you can be so categoric on something which you did not see.

To me to paraphrase your attitude seems to be 'My County right or wrong'. Actions have consequences. I agree that no matter the provocation supporters should not enter the field of play. I agree that if Carlisle supporters or rather some Carlisle supporters acted aggressively that they are accountable for that. But the behaviour of some of the County players was provocative.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Risca_Exile wrote:Funny this should come up on a Morecambe thread, How many times should Kevin Ellison have apologized to us over the years, has he as yet?.
In the supporters' meeting video Flynn said he has a lot of time for Ellison.
I’m not surprised, he’s an engaging character. I had a longish conversation with him after one of our home games when he had once again been a thorn in our side and he seemed a pleasant fellow who loves the game and happy to chat with supporters even away ones.