Re: Grandstand v Morecambe

rncfc wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
You cannot just release players who are contracted to save on wages. I agree it says something that Amond dropped back to midfield but I think Sheehan has not looked interested and Cooper, whilst tries , is not up to league 2 standard. Personally, I would rather have Lewis Collins on the bench.

I think without the injuries to Bennett and OB we would have won comfortably yesterday.
I'm not saying that's what I would do, I'm simply pointing out that we have midfield options but have been choosing to play our number one striker there instead. Makes no sense to me at all.
I believe Lewis Collins was late reporting back to training after being on Wales duty.MF then demoted him for a short period as punishment.At least that is what my in the know ketchup told me.

Who bottled out ?

He gets paid well to do a job and should concentrate on doing it to the best of his ability . Something i believe he doesn't do week after week. that said he knows he wont be dropped by MF even when he has a run of 'stinking performances' as he is currently having. thats not only my opinion because there seems to be and increasing number of fans with the same views.
I am a fan who's attendance pays helps towards the cost of his wages so I have the right to criticise him , if I feel the need to do so.
i have a job and a life and couldn't get to watch the team train even if I wanted to as I am in work when they have their short training sessions . not that I would anyway regardless if he felt the need to invite me.
If you think thats bottling it then your entitled to your opinion , but dont expect it to go unchallenged by me.
He is a professional and him 'calling me out' as you like to call it is a very unprofessional thing to do IMO. If he cant handle criticism from fans after bad performances without having a hissy fit then maybe he should go back to filling shelves at Tesco ?

neilcork68 wrote:Who bottled out ?

He gets paid well to do a job and should concentrate on doing it to the best of his ability . Something i believe he doesn't do week after week. that said he knows he wont be dropped by MF even when he has a run of 'stinking performances' as he is currently having. thats not only my opinion because there seems to be and increasing number of fans with the same views.
I am a fan who's attendance pays helps towards the cost of his wages so I have the right to criticise him , if I feel the need to do so.
i have a job and a life and couldn't get to watch the team train even if I wanted to as I am in work when they have their short training sessions . not that I would anyway regardless if he felt the need to invite me.
If you think thats bottling it then your entitled to your opinion , but dont expect it to go unchallenged by me.
He is a professional and him 'calling me out' as you like to call it is a very unprofessional thing to do IMO. If he cant handle criticism from fans after bad performances without having a hissy fit then maybe he should go back to filling shelves at Tesco ?

You bottled out mate, plus If you did not harbour such a dislike of Robbie and knew anything about football you would know that he has only started 3 games since his return from injury and your abuse has already started, that is incredibly troll like and indicates you do not like he called you out.

On the two occasions (just 100 minutes or so ) he played in his best position on the right he has created 2 goals. I would take that return all season, you? He is only asked to cover centre midfield because of injuries and the fact that Cooper and Sheehan have been abysmal.

neilcork68 wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Quite a few thoughts from Saturday.
Matt had his best 45 minutes then tired.
Padraig was non stop for 90 plus.
They both have a great touch but there was nobody to take on these touches.
Harris should of come on earlier.
Think Semenyo will come good also.
Hated the abuse he got from one idiot at FGR.
Padraig must stay in the middle rather than helping at throws ins etc.
Pipey was Pipey no finesse but 100% commitment
Thought Mickey was poor by his standard and O Brien was lucky not to get a straight Red
A yellow so soon meant he couldn't risk hard tackles exactly like Forbes the week before when contributors were slamming him for not getting stuck in.
Midfield was non existant.
Scott and Dolan are so slow albeit Scott has been a revelation so far this season
Crofts was crocked before he signed for us and is just taking money for nothing.
Please lay off Robbie we all know he is a quality right winger and nothing else
Stop giving the fella greif. If you want to slam somebody pick on our manager for making him play constantly out of position
Sheehan like Samuel was good in a crap side but has now been found out
Anyway fourth I will take that every day of the week.
Yes please lay off Robbie. Butler gets praised nearly every week but I'd guess even he would struggle if made to play right central midfield.

Struggle maybe but he would give 100% and hasn't got a yellow streak up his back
Yellow streak? That's absurd. If he pulled out of challenges he wouldn't have picked up the shin injury in the previous home game and he certainly wouldn't have set up the goal for Podge up at FGR.

He does bottle a lot of challenges, though in fairness he did fly in for a 50/50 v Morecambe mind .
For me it’s just his body language and his overall seemingly lack of effort.
No one else seems bothered by him telling one of his own fans to **** off....again though, but hey, he can do no wrong in some people’s eyes.

Exile 1976 wrote:He does bottle a lot of challenges, though in fairness he did fly in for a 50/50 v Morecambe mind .
No one else seems bothered by him telling one of his own fans to **** off....again though, but hey, he can do no wrong in some people’s eyes.
what did the fan say to get told to **** off? I've been abused in work and Told the perpetrator to **** off

Micheal wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:He does bottle a lot of challenges, though in fairness he did fly in for a 50/50 v Morecambe mind .
what did the fan say to get told to **** off? I've been abused in work and Told the perpetrator to **** off

The fan, after Robbie backed out of a challenge, said something like ‘get stuck in’ ... Hardly abuse that warranted being told to **** off, and in front of children.

Exile 1976 wrote:

The fan, after Robbie backed out of a challenge, said something like ‘get stuck in’ ... Hardly abuse that warranted being told to **** off, and in front of children.
To be clear I haven't seen Wilmott play this year and make no comment on his abilities.

However taken at it's highest he is a young man under pressure. In the heat of the moment he says something which he probably should not have done.

Nope can't say I have ever said or done anything under pressure which was inappropriate. As such I feel entitled to throw the first stone.

I can do this because I am the only perfect person on this board, as for the rest of you................. :shock:

Vectis wrote:
Struggle maybe but he would give 100% and hasn't got a yellow streak up his back
Yellow streak? That's absurd. If he pulled out of challenges he wouldn't have picked up the shin injury in the previous home game and he certainly wouldn't have set up the goal for Podge up at FGR.[/quote]

Or that three game ban.

Blackandamber wrote:And set up the goal against Morecambe with his pass to Matt. Matt should have scored before Amond headed in the rebound.

It wasn't a pass . It was a shot that was heading well wide. watch the game or video and it will back up what I am saying.

I say he has a yellow streak because he pulls out of so many challenges EVERY game . That's why he should never play as a central midfielder where you need to get stuck in. He ( if you watch the game without amber tinted specs) is very lazy. Several times he was just jogging back towards his defensive duties yards behind the play whilst others ( AMOND too name one) were busting a gut to get back and defend.
His corners were shocking. Failed to beat the first man on numerous occasions and when he did he over hit them and the went over everybody.I even witnessed Pipe having a few words with him after one corner because of his lack of effort
I don't care what anyone says in response but the reason he broke his foot a few years ago was because he bottled out of a challenge and came off worse because the opposition player didn't.
He is ok as a winger ( not quality as the Willmott fan club believe he is) but elsewhere its a NO from me .The problem is MF will somehow fit him into the starting line up even IF we got every player we have fit. Cooper ( who has had loads of abuse of posters on here) may not be as skilful a player as him but at least he gives 100% , does Willmott ?

I saw two challenges where he flew in. I remember there were two because I hadn't seen one for so long, so two in one match is exceptionally rare. He was reasonable before being moved and anonymous afterwards (except for those two challenges). If I was charitable I would point out that he's just back from injury but the less charitable me feels compelled to point out someone with a broken leg is likely to challenge his aggregate of three things done in ninety minutes...

Exile 1976 wrote:
Micheal wrote:

he should apologise then

Exile 1976 wrote:
Willmott’s body language and lack of effort was there for all to see, add him swearing at a fan in front of children which was bang out of order (and he’s done this a few times) and it wasn’t a good day for him.
Swearing at a fan is bang out of order but goading fans is fine.

Double standards perhaps?