Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Corpaboy wrote: Someone starts a thread on here with "suggestions for new Commercial Manager". This has now morphed into a debate about how we should ban some poor fecker who has travelled the length of the country to support his club who are looking like they could be in another relegation scrap , as his drumming antics could be affecting our revenue ????

You really couldn't make it up !!
Welcome to The Port Mr Commercial Manager .
I hope this is going to the top of your "to do list" !!! :lol: :lol: :roll:
You are wrong on two counts.

Firstly, GSB has not suggested that anyone be banned for bringing a drum.

However GSB in his post started this thread suggested that the new commercial manager should have opposition drummers be moved from the main stand. I disagreed

Only a suggestion, try reading what is written. Agree with George, agree with me, put forward a different point of view. But read the thread before you comment.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
I have thought about it.
I happen to disagree with much of which you post, nothing personal just happens to be the way it is.
When I have a point of view, I will express it. Believe me, there are many of your posts that I believe too preposterous to bother replying to.
Would you like to post something about the topic under discussion?
When people say nothing personal you can be sure a personal attack is about to follow.

To hold a different opinion is of course not a personal attack. To say of someone that many of their views are so preposterous as to not be worthy of reply is.

It is your opinion and you are entitled to express it. You will of course understand that I am not going to respond in kind.
Wow, someone is working hard at being offended tonight but a fine example of the preposterous posts I usually ignore.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote: Someone starts a thread on here with "suggestions for new Commercial Manager". This has now morphed into a debate about how we should ban some poor fecker who has travelled the length of the country to support his club who are looking like they could be in another relegation scrap , as his drumming antics could be affecting our revenue ????

You really couldn't make it up !!
Welcome to The Port Mr Commercial Manager .
I hope this is going to the top of your "to do list" !!! :lol: :lol: :roll:
You are wrong on two counts.

Firstly, GSB has not suggested that anyone be banned for bringing a drum.

However GSB in his post started this thread suggested that the new commercial manager should have opposition drummers be moved from the main stand. I disagreed

Only a suggestion, try reading what is written. Agree with George, agree with me, put forward a different point of view. But read the thread before you comment.
But why are you pair creating such a pointless debate about drummers at football matches , when the thread is meant to be about "suggestions for the new Commercial Manager" ?
Your both talking complete Bol-lox !

Corpaboy wrote:Just for clarity , I think the Amber Army drummer would get a much better sound from a decent Gretsch snare drum , with the snare tightened correctly .
The bass drum thing hasn't got enough "top end" on it :roll:
The only point I make is that when we complain about the things which irritate us it is quite easy to overlook balance.

I can though understand why pointing out the potential for hypocrisy causes such anger. It is a cover for guilt. :shock:

My only observation about drums is that it is agreed that when you’re seated close to them it can be a bit irritating but worse that it means very small numbers of fans can appear to be a regiment and drowns out numerous home support. It’s only my opinion but banning them just seems a bit tinpot. I remember once when we were away at Histon years ago and a laughable incident occurred. A County fan was sounding off an air horn when a steward came over and told him not to use it , it was making too much noise! Like I said, tinpot.

My thoughts

1) What a pointless thread. Alex Eagle has more experience than many of us in the field of commerce so it seems patronising to offer him advice on how to do his job. I don't know the chap but I'm fairly sure he has a number of ideas and is probably going to hit the ground running.

2) What a ridiculous turn this thread has taken. The mere suggestion that County should ban opposition drummers because it puts someone off their food plumbs a new low. Should County start banning people who wear brown shoes because you object to the colour? Or that man in Block B because you don't like his beard? Do you honestly have any insight into how ridiculous you sound?

3) If the drummer offends you so much have you thought of wearing ear plugs?

wattsville_boy wrote:My thoughts

1) What a pointless thread. Alex Eagle has more experience than many of us in the field of commerce so it seems patronising to offer him advice on how to do his job. I don't know the chap but I'm fairly sure he has a number of ideas and is probably going to hit the ground running.

2) What a ridiculous turn this thread has taken. The mere suggestion that County should ban opposition drummers because it puts someone off their food plumbs a new low. Should County start banning people who wear brown shoes because you object to the colour? Or that man in Block B because you don't like his beard? Do you honestly have any insight into how ridiculous you sound?

I genuinely didn't think I would end up defending GSB on here. I agree with all your points save one, but George is entitled to his view.

Where I disagree with you is when you say it's a pointless thread. If it matters to George, it matters to him and if we try to silence people we disagree with, then this board becomes pointless.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Wow, someone is working hard at being offended tonight but a fine example of the preposterous posts I usually ignore.
This wouldn't be the same person as took offence at the term 'sharp of Sheffield' would it? 8)
Only in the context of you dragging me into another of your interminable failed attempts to get the better of GSB to which I wasn't contributing at the time.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I genuinely didn't think I would end up defending GSB on here. I agree with all your points save one, but George is entitled to his view.

Where I disagree with you is when you say it's a pointless thread. If it matters to George, it matters to him and if we try to silence people we disagree with, then this board becomes pointless.
It is pointless in that the moaning about a single drummer in a football ground is akin to shouting at the moon for turning up in the sky every evening. No organisation is going to start issuing decrees that drums can only be played in this small room at the end of a corridor, miles away from anyone who can take affront at their belonging, which we'll lock when all the drummers are in there.

And his solution is so insipid - just move them along to somewhere out of earshot so I don't have to hear them. How pathetic! Grow some balls man! Surely some example should be made of these b@stards for assaulting his delicate little eardrums so harshly. String them up. Flog them with whips. Feed them to the sharks.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

He's trying to silence the drummers ??? ......
Just saying , like ! :lol: