Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Doesn't than impact upon the people in the area to which they are moved?

Not when the area it is being suggested they are moved to is empty for the vast majority of matches.
There are few people to impact upon in an empty stand.
There are no people in an empty stand.

I feel I should point out that I was joking in my post above. I don't regard the few people in the cheap seats as non persons. Shame on you.
Oh dear, read it again and realise what a foolish statement that is.
Perhaps as suggested above, it has been so long since you attended a game that you have forgotten the layout of the ground

Have any of you that are complaining of away drummers ever not gone, or know anyone that hasn’t gone, to a game in case a drummer was present? ....
Actually, no need to answer that, I already know the answer is no.

Some fans like the drummers, some fans don’t. If you go to a sporting event with thousands of people in attendance then you know there’s going to be noise.
FWIW I’m not a big fan of them myself but, a: they’re very few and far between at Rodders (I cant remember the last drummer before the Morecambe game) and b: they annoy me a hell of a lot less than those I have already mentioned.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on October 29th, 2018, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amberexile wrote: Oh dear, read it again and realise what a foolish statement that is.
Perhaps as suggested above, it has been so long since you attended a game that you have forgotten the layout of the ground
Paul,

I received a PM today. I quote it word for word.

'.........Amberexile who I used to think alright but I notice every single thing you write he opposes no matter what.'

Think about it.

I REALLY can't believe what I'm reading here ??
We've just employed a new Commercial Manager , who appears to have a decent track record and potential .
Someone starts a thread on here with "suggestions for new Commercial Manager". This has now morphed into a debate about how we should ban some poor fecker who has travelled the length of the country to support his club who are looking like they could be in another relegation scrap , as his drumming antics could be affecting our revenue ????

You really couldn't make it up !!
Welcome to The Port Mr Commercial Manager .
I hope this is going to the top of your "to do list" !!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote: Oh dear, read it again and realise what a foolish statement that is.
Paul,

I received a PM today. I quote it word for word.

'.........Amberexile who I used to think alright but I notice every single thing you write he opposes no matter what.'

Think about it.
I have thought about it.
I happen to disagree with much of which you post, nothing personal just happens to be the way it is.
When I have a point of view, I will express it. Believe me, there are many of your posts that I believe too preposterous to bother replying to.
Would you like to post something about the topic under discussion?

Corpaboy wrote:I REALLY can't believe what I'm reading here ??
We've just employed a new Commercial Manager , who appears to have a decent track record and potential .
Someone starts a thread on here with "suggestions for new Commercial Manager". This has now morphed into a debate about how we should ban some poor fecker who has travelled the length of the country to support his club who are looking like they could be in another relegation scrap , as his drumming antics could be affecting our revenue ????

Don't think I've read any post suggesting banning any visiting supporter.

Amberexile wrote:
I have thought about it.
I happen to disagree with much of which you post, nothing personal just happens to be the way it is.
When I have a point of view, I will express it. Believe me, there are many of your posts that I believe too preposterous to bother replying to.
Would you like to post something about the topic under discussion?
When people say nothing personal you can be sure a personal attack is about to follow.

To hold a different opinion is of course not a personal attack. To say of someone that many of their views are so preposterous as to not be worthy of reply is.

It is your opinion and you are entitled to express it. You will of course understand that I am not going to respond in kind.

excessbee wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:I REALLY can't believe what I'm reading here ??

Don't think I've read any post suggesting banning any visiting supporter.
You haven't.

As I understood it the debate was a simple one. I agreed with GSB that drummers at football matches were a bloody irritating nuisance. Where we disagree is the solution. GSB wishes such people to be removed to other parts of the stadium.

My view is that unless both home and away supporters who wish to be 'boisterous' have suitable covered accommodation then we can't really treat away supporters differently from home supporters. Those of us who sit in the Hazell have had a drummer for years. And whilst I and I expect others are irritated by it we acknowledge that it is something we have to tolerate.

Nothing new in me and George disagreeing, most of the bile seems to be coming from others. :grin: