Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

George Street-Bridge wrote:Well, the club could always say "Thanks very much, but we'd rather not sell seats to whiny old gits and people who walk slowly". I and everyone else who ticks at least one of those boxes could say "Fair enough, we'll stay away". And my guess is revenue would fall.

But if they say to away supporters bringing drums, "Sorry, but you'll have to do your showing off on the open stand where the roof doesn't trap the sound" my guess is revenue wouldn't fall and might conceivably rise.

So what you’re saying is there are fans who do not attend our games on the off chance that there may be a drummer in the away end??
I’d say that’s a load of bollocks.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Well, the club could always say "Thanks very much, but we'd rather not sell seats to whiny old gits and people who walk slowly". I and everyone else who ticks at least one of those boxes could say "Fair enough, we'll stay away". And my guess is revenue would fall.

But if they say to away supporters bringing drums, "Sorry, but you'll have to do your showing off on the open stand where the roof doesn't trap the sound" my guess is revenue wouldn't fall and might conceivably rise.
George,

I was taking the piss. The point I am trying to make is that whilst I share absolutely your irritation with drummers at football matches I don't believe that that the world revolves around me.

rncfc wrote:Drums are pretty annoying at the football when you've just got some duracell-powered bozo smashing it indiscriminately. I wouldn't ban them though - if for no other reason than it doesn't make business sense.

You're going to upset a 14 year old kid who could be coming to games for another 70 years to appease the whims of an ageing misery-guts who is 10 Werthers Originals away from the old folks home? Nah.
The suggestion isn't to ban drums, only to move them to a more sensible area.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I never realised that getting wet is a breach of my human rights. I think the modern term is snowflake. God help us if it snowed on the poor dabs :lol:

George is, of course, spot on, the club can help themselves by limiting away drummers to the temporary stand. Improve revenue and improve the enjoyment of the game for our highest paying customers. Win-win solution.

Any other issues with nuisance behaviour can continue to be handled via a complaint to stewards as at present.
I find middle aged men who have failed to come to terms with the fact that they didn't make it as rock stars irritating. I find such people who compound this by ridiculously conflating every argument against their point of view with human rights, stupidity in the extreme.

I would ban such people from watching football. I would ban old people. Their slow pace of walking leaving the ground annoys me. I would ban people who want a beer at half time. They walk in front of me before the first half ends interfering with my view. The buggers do it again at the start of the second half. Tea drinkers, don't get me started, spilling their tea over me. Children, running around, ban them? I think the Baroness in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang had the right idea. As for women at games, oh dear, whoever thought that a good idea? Regrettably quite a few men seem to have developed the feminine habit of yapping away through out a game. Get rid of them, that's for sure. People who can't resist giving their opinion on the game. Out. The overweight, uncomfortable to sit next to they'd have to go, oh hang on a moment, I don't irritate surely?
So in conclusion, you agree with George. Glad we've cleared that up :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: The point I am trying to make is that whilst I share absolutely your irritation with drummers at football matches I don't believe that that the world revolves around me.
Huh? My point is entirely that it's a potential revenue-loser. And indeed might already be if any potential away supporters share Stan's and my irritation. Would you drive 200-odd miles from Morecambe to Newport if you knew you'd be sharing a small block with that din? And it's an easy fix.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: The point I am trying to make is that whilst I share absolutely your irritation with drummers at football matches I don't believe that that the world revolves around me.
Huh? My point is entirely that it's a potential revenue-loser. And indeed might already be if any potential away supporters share Stan's and my irritation. Would you drive 200-odd miles from Morecambe to Newport if you knew you'd be sharing a small block with that din? And it's an easy fix.
I often drove 400 miles to watch County. I knew that I would probably have to put up with the drummer in the Hazell.

When stuck in a traffic jam we are all irritated by the other drivers. However we need to recognize that the other drivers are irritated by us.

George Street-Bridge wrote:

What I do know is Morecambe had a small amount of fans there, however, around 20 of them were walking and talking with the drummer through Maindee at the end of the game.
Had they not been allowed in the Stand and had to sit out open to the elements, those 20 or so may not have come themselves.

Amberexile wrote:
rncfc wrote:Drums are pretty annoying at the football when you've just got some duracell-powered bozo smashing it indiscriminately. I wouldn't ban them though - if for no other reason than it doesn't make business sense.

You're going to upset a 14 year old kid who could be coming to games for another 70 years to appease the whims of an ageing misery-guts who is 10 Werthers Originals away from the old folks home? Nah.
Doesn't than impact upon the people in the area to which they are moved?

Then again they are the people in the cheaper seats. I can't stand poor people. It goes well beyond irritation. It would be better by far if we did what the police in South America did. Eliminate them if you get my drift.

There's an idea. We could execute poor people in the centre circle at half time. I feel certain that would bring the punters in. Just think, we could start with the ritual flaying of drummers and people on zero hours contracts before the game, a few hangings of refugees during the interval and finish up by feeding rough sleepers to lions when the game was over.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

Not when the area it is being suggested they are moved to is empty for the vast majority of matches.
There are few people to impact upon in an empty stand.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

Ignoring all the ridiculous elements of your response, the simple answer is no. The suggestion is to move him/them from one area of away support to another (you are aware of the layout at Rodney Parade?). Away supporters presumably accept/tolerate the drum banging. The drummer has the option of watching the game with or without his drum.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Not when the area it is being suggested they are moved to is empty for the vast majority of matches.
There are few people to impact upon in an empty stand.
There are no people in an empty stand.

I feel I should point out that I was joking in my post above. I don't regard the few people in the cheap seats as non persons. Shame on you.