Suggestion for new commercial manager

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 9:01 am

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Wow, someone is working hard at being offended tonight but a fine example of the preposterous posts I usually ignore.


This wouldn't be the same person as took offence at the term 'sharp of Sheffield' would it? 8)


Only in the context of you dragging me into another of your interminable failed attempts to get the better of GSB to which I wasn't contributing at the time.


Always an excuse with you? By the way I am not offended by anything you have written, more disappointed.

Although perhaps the real irony on this thread is that whilst I disagree with GSB on the issue, I am defending his right to express his views. Whilst others want to shut him up.

Enjoy your day. :grin:
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

6252

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby George Street-Bridge » October 30th, 2018, 9:02 am

Wattsville + Corpa, you have missed the point by a mile.

The commercial side has to be all about maximising the enjoyment for everyone attending, not just by attracting newcomers but including everyone who goes anyway by not taking them for granted. One of the pleasures is chatting to the people around you who you might see only every couple of weeks. Drumming in the Bisley deters this. An easy fix is available.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 9:28 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:Wattsville + Corpa, you have missed the point by a mile.

The commercial side has to be all about maximising the enjoyment for everyone attending, not just by attracting newcomers but including everyone who goes anyway by not taking them for granted. One of the pleasures is chatting to the people around you who you might see only every couple of weeks. Drumming in the Bisley deters this. An easy fix is available.


Actually though George, those who sit in the Hazell have had to enjoy/endure drummers and singers for years.

I do agree with you about how irritating it is but my problem with your point of view is two fold. Firstly there is not suitable accommodation.

Secondly, I also find it intensely irritating when I am watching a game if the people next to me are talking. And it comes down to tolerance. If I were sat close to you and asked you and your friends to catch up on your news elsewhere, I suspect you would find me very rude. You would be right.

Unfortunately we all have to put up with things we don't like.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5998

Location

Sheffield

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Amberexile » October 30th, 2018, 9:33 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Always an excuse with you?


Hilarious coming from the man who proudly issued his manifesto and then bottled the election :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 9:40 am

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Always an excuse with you?


Hilarious coming from the man who proudly issued his manifesto and then bottled the election :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


More insults from Mr nothing personal.

I am not going to reply in kind, I am simply disappointed that you seem to be stooping so low.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

6252

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby George Street-Bridge » October 30th, 2018, 9:40 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote: Firstly there is not suitable accommodation.


If there's no suitable accommodation for an inessential activity which interferes with an essential one, it's a no-brainer for me. Commercially.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 9:46 am

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Firstly there is not suitable accommodation.


If there's no suitable accommodation for an inessential activity which interferes with an essential one, it's a no-brainer for me. Commercially.


Talking not be essential to watch a football match no doubt you won't mind joining the drummer on the open seats?

George, I do share your irritation with drummers. But who are you and I to determine what is acceptable noise at a football match?
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5998

Location

Sheffield

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Amberexile » October 30th, 2018, 10:48 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Always an excuse with you?


Hilarious coming from the man who proudly issued his manifesto and then bottled the election :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


More insults from Mr nothing personal.

I am not going to reply in kind, I am simply disappointed that you seem to be stooping so low.


I would suggest that in future you refrain from asking insulting questions if you don't like getting answered in kind.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5998

Location

Sheffield

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Amberexile » October 30th, 2018, 10:53 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Firstly there is not suitable accommodation.


If there's no suitable accommodation for an inessential activity which interferes with an essential one, it's a no-brainer for me. Commercially.


Talking not be essential to watch a football match no doubt you won't mind joining the drummer on the open seats?

George, I do share your irritation with drummers. But who are you and I to determine what is acceptable noise at a football match?


That's the point isn't it, George is asking the Commercial manager to make the decision, he is merely making a suggestion by putting across his point of view.

On the topic of no suitable accommodation, the roof on the Bisley does little to protect many of those accommodated in it, so the lack of a roof on the temporary stands hardly rules them out as unsuitable.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 10:58 am

Amberexile wrote:
I would suggest that in future you refrain from asking insulting questions if you don't like getting answered in kind.


Suggest away. I have to say that you appear to be looking for me to respond in kind to your rudeness. It is an error I have made in the past but hopefully not in the future.

I would also like to take this opportunity to assure the many people who have sent me PM's asking me to continue asking the awkward questions that I will continue to do so. Much as some would like to censor debate, they won't succeed.
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6537

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby newgroundrodney » October 30th, 2018, 11:35 am

I remember we had a drummer years ago called Alex (I think?) and it made for a great atmosphere at away games particularly. I can recall reading in a matchday program once, at an away game, something like: "today, we welcome Newport County AFC, along with their supporters, who must be some of the loudest outside the Football League"..... this was down to the atmosphere brought about in part, by a drummer. I don't begrudge other teams being like that at Rodney Parade.

A long time ago, there was a bit of standing joke, that if you wanted some peace and quiet to study for your 'A'Levels, you could try going to Orient on a matchday. Is that the reputation we want at Newport?

Sometimes, when County have just hit the back of the net, the Hazell Stand wouldn't be the same without the drum.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 11:56 am

newgroundrodney wrote:I remember we had a drummer years ago called Alex (I think?) and it made for a great atmosphere at away games particularly. I can recall reading in a matchday program once, at an away game, something like: "today, we welcome Newport County AFC, along with their supporters, who must be some of the loudest outside the Football League"..... this was down to the atmosphere brought about in part, by a drummer. I don't begrudge other teams being like that at Rodney Parade.

A long time ago, there was a bit of standing joke, that if you wanted some peace and quiet to study for your 'A'Levels, you could try going to Orient on a matchday. Is that the reputation we want at Newport?

Sometimes, when County have just hit the back of the net, the Hazell Stand wouldn't be the same without the drum.


That's interesting.

And it makes my point. I disagree with NGR about the drummer. I don't share his view that a drummer adds to the atmosphere.

However, NGR reaches a subjective viewpoint. My subjective viewpoint is different to his. But would it not be the height of arrogance on my part for me to claim that my view is more valid that NGR's?

Put another way. I love Dvorak's music. I am not a fan of Mozart. Whilst it is quite proper for me to say that I prefer Dvorak to Mozart, it would be arrogant to claim that Dvorak is better than Mozart.

Although he is mind. :grin:
User avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6537

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby newgroundrodney » October 30th, 2018, 11:58 am

They are even having a problem developing in The Opera, with people rustling sweet wrappers during performances....fights have even broken out over it.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10994

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 30th, 2018, 12:16 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:They are even having a problem developing in The Opera, with people rustling sweet wrappers during performances....fights have even broken out over it.


I saw that in Malmo at a performance of a Mahler symphony. Peace loving Swedes in a punch up at a classical concert. I remember some years ago being told that a fight had broken out between two old guys in the Wigmore Hall. And I don't know of a more genteel place.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Posts

3833

Re: Suggestion for new commercial manager

Postby wattsville_boy » October 30th, 2018, 7:15 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Wattsville + Corpa, you have missed the point by a mile.

The commercial side has to be all about maximising the enjoyment for everyone attending, not just by attracting newcomers but including everyone who goes anyway by not taking them for granted. One of the pleasures is chatting to the people around you who you might see only every couple of weeks. Drumming in the Bisley deters this. An easy fix is available.


I got your point pretty clearly. It was about intolerance and allowing the people that pay more to have a greater say in what occurs on match days.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Corpaboy, Lliswerry 2L's, Marky, OLDCROMWELLIAN, Risca_Exile, SwanseaJack and 43 guests

Powered by phpBB ®