Re: October Player of The month

Est.1912 wrote:Evening Exiles,

Here is the link to the 1912 Exiles Podcast Player of the month vote https://www.strawpoll.me/16739175
Your nominees are:
Padraig Amond: 2 Goals, 1 Assist
Dan Butler: 1 Assist
Joe Day: No Clean Sheets but plenty of game changing saves
Jamille Matt: 3 Goals

Winner announced on the next Podcast.

(Also please note the new links to the podcast)
My vote goes to the Morcombe drummer for starting the most ABSURD debate on here in ages !!!

Corpaboy wrote:

Here is the link to the 1912 Exiles Podcast Player of the month vote https://www.strawpoll.me/16739175
Your nominees are:

My vote goes to the Morcombe drummer for starting the most ABSURD debate on here in ages !!!
My vote goes to Corpoboy for ruining three threads by making the same banal point in less than five minutes.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

Your nominees are:

My vote goes to Corpoboy for ruining three threads by making the same banal point in less than five minutes.
I'm learning from "The Master" , Brendan !!!
I've got 2,500 threads to ruin yet to get anywhere near you're level of "ruining-ness" ...
:wink:

Your nominees are:

Wow. That list of nominees and reasons for nomination really sums what what a sh1t October it's been for County...

chepstowamber wrote:Maybe a sh1t October but we are in 4th place, any County fan would have taken that at the begining of the season.
Chris
I hope people don't over analyze this. I am merely trying to explain why I believe your argument is flawed.

A prisoner is sat in his condemned cell. He was due to be executed at 8-00am this morning. But his lawyer successfully argued a point of law and a twenty four hour stay of execution is given.

The lawyer goes off to the supreme court and his point is rejected. He then goes back to the death cell.

Bad news I'm afraid you are going to be hanged tomorrow morning at eight o'clock. But hey, this time yesterday you'd have taken that.

chepstowamber wrote:Maybe a sh1t October but we are in 4th place, any County fan would have taken that at the begining of the season.
Chris
The end of September County were 3rd. Lincoln were 2 points closer to us and MK Dons were 5 points behind us. Any County fan would have hoped that would still be the case at the end of October. It isn't. So instead of suggesting that no player is worthy of a Player of the Month accolade and demand better of our players, lets celebrate the mundane...

Matt for me scored 3 and has picked up his game this month.
This is the topic and why so many go off on one about something completely unrelated defies the laws of footballology. Anyway we are all have amber in our genes.
Come on guys do not have personal battles on here because being honest it is boring and unnecessary on this bored / board

While I might agree we aren't where we were relative to at the start of the month as a team. All the nominees have done well individually this month and we would be worse off without them. Without Matt and Amond's goals we would have lost 5 instead of 1 last month, this vote isn't about celebrating mediocrity it's about recognizing an individuals contribution.