Tolerance (This board)

I am always disappointed when I read posts attacking the views of others and indeed whole threads as pointless.

There is a long running thread on here called 'news of ex County players' It is a thread in which I have no interest. However it is of interest to others. If I were to go on that thread and say this thread must be the most boring ever, I'm sure I would be rightly castigated.

Although a more astute observer would probably say, if it bores you or irritates you don't f@cking read it.

Re: Tolerance (This board)

County Exile wrote:Totally agree.

I'm playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order - brilliant!
My favourite part is where Eric looks up, sees the entire orchestra dressed in tails and says 'this the band then?' Or words to that effect.

The funny thing is that with a humour utterly devoid of innuendo, spite or malice, indeed everything we are told is necessary for comedy, they were just funnier than anything else I have ever seen.

I am the person who posted the "pointless" barb on the other thread to which this thread alludes. Can I remind Stan that this is a forum where views on issues are discussed. My view was (and still remains) that a thread offering advice to a professional person recently appointed was pointless. I could have said insulting for it is that too. I could have accepted the thread had some merit if the person in question had been in post for a significant period in time and the income from the Commercial side of the business had either regressed or stayed the same. But the man in question has yet to use any of his experience to effect any change in performance so perhaps "helpful advice" from this forum is a tad early.

The thread revolves around one suggestion which lacks any sophistication in the way it's expressed, a lack of awareness in it's ridiculousness and any humour in the defence of his viewpoint. The thread meanders on for several pages of boring rants from several "usual suspects". I only read it all because sometimes a poster will bring forward a brilliant suggestion amongst all the sh1t. No-one did. Myself included.

It truly is a pointless thread...

wattsville_boy wrote:I am the person who posted the "pointless" barb on the other thread to which this thread alludes. Can I remind Stan that this is a forum where views on issues are discussed. My view was (and still remains) that a thread offering advice to a professional person recently appointed was pointless. I could have said insulting for it is that too. I could have accepted the thread had some merit if the person in question had been in post for a significant period in time and the income from the Commercial side of the business had either regressed or stayed the same. But the man in question has yet to use any of his experience to effect any change in performance so perhaps "helpful advice" from this forum is a tad early.

The thread revolves around one suggestion which lacks any sophistication in the way it's expressed, a lack of awareness in it's ridiculousness and any humour in the defence of his viewpoint. The thread meanders on for several pages of boring rants from several "usual suspects". I only read it all because sometimes a poster will bring forward a brilliant suggestion amongst all the sh1t. No-one did. Myself included.

It truly is a pointless thread...
Which begs the question why write at such length? Further the idea that it's insulting to 'offer' advice on a message board is a bit far fetched.

Seriously if you find a post a boring rant just ignore it. But my view is don't be too judgemental. I suspect there are those who find your post a boring rant.

So what? I have always maintained that posts which are homophobic, racist or are gratuitously abusive or advocate violence should not be tolerated but otherwise live and let live.