Just take a step back

Don't take this too seriously as I find it amusing not annoying.

Under the headline in today's Argue David Pipe says County don't do excuses. However in the first paragraph, indeed the first sentence, it is explained by way of reason that part of this attitude comes from County having 'more than enough to cope with the injuries that have hit the squad'.

In fifty odd years of following football I have only ever heard one football manager, Kevin Keegan leaving England, admit that he wasn't up to the job. Of all the rest it's injuries, referees, not being given enough time, fans preferring booze and bingo even.

They all make excuses, Pipey mate, nobody doubts your commitment and thanks for the smile you have given me this morning.

Re: Just take a step back

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Don't take this too seriously as I find it amusing not annoying.

Under the headline in today's Argue David Pipe says County don't do excuses. However in the first paragraph, indeed the first sentence, it is explained by way of reason that part of this attitude comes from County having 'more than enough to cope with the injuries that have hit the squad'.

In fifty odd years of following football I have only ever heard one football manager, Kevin Keegan leaving England, admit that he wasn't up to the job. Of all the rest it's injuries, referees, not being given enough time, fans preferring booze and bingo even.

They all make excuses, Pipey mate, nobody doubts your commitment and thanks for the smile you have given me this morning.

When does a valid reason become an excuse?

Re: Just take a step back

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Don't take this too seriously as I find it amusing not annoying.

When does a valid reason become an excuse?
It's one of those, I'm a fine figure of a man, you're plump, he's fat.

I have valid reasons, you have excuses, he never does anything but whine. :grin: