Re: This division this year

wattsville_boy wrote:
Flynn seems reluctant to give youth a chance, which I find strange considering that he headed up the Academy at one time. He'd rather play someone out of position than play a kid. And he'd rather go to the BOD to find monies to bring from outside than play a kid. A club of County's size need to be developing talent from the Academy and under Flynn we aren't and possibly never will.
A very good point and one that I have pondered as MF does seem more prepared to bring on the youth from other Clubs rather than our own. Exeter on the other hand have a completely opposite policy and have enjoyed significant financial benefits as a consequence.

ghosty wrote:When they equalised on Saturday my thoughts were we have 13 mins plus added time to hold on for a draw.
Thankfully Morecambe decided to settle for a point and not push on for the winner, as shown by Ellison dropping deeper.
Agree with that! After 25 mins I’d realised that for me a draw was all we could get.

It's nice to be talking in a mainly positive tone with regard to the "football team" rather than "club politics",however we have both a smallish squad, and sadly a larger injury list at present, alas if we were able to master the latter (luckily/fortune) , I'm sure we'd give anyone in League Two a run for their money.....
COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT.....

I don't think the quality of the league is significantly different this season to recent seasons, it is a poor league.

To finish in the playoffs or better and in order to give Flynn the flexibility he desires in January, through the relaunch of the rewards and benefits scheme, the Trust need to motivate those who can afford to contribute more to do so rather than make excuses for not doing so.

Perhaps it's the team performances rather than the Trust that will provide that motivation. The new membership packages offer ticket priority, which I hope will sit above those on a £10 per annum membership. Many bought the latter as a quick fix to get a Tottenham ticket. A win against Met Police and a favourable second round draw may encourage fans to buy into the new scheme. Is the ten pound membership a continuing option? If so it surely will be given low priority, not the first round of sales that was on offer last year. Trust membership with ticket priority for 20p per week. Put it like that and it sounds a bit daft.

As far as I know, you will no longer be able to renew at the £10 a year level. I guess people who joined to get a Spurs ticket will have to step up to £10 a month to keep their priority for this season unless the Board allow the entitlement to stretch a little beyond 12 months.
My issue with the scheme is that it has never been adequately promoted in order to raise the level of funding it could.
There have been a few references of late that any player movement in January will be down to extra funds raised and players leaving.
A couple of times recently players have been signed on the back of donations from fans and the board without there being a general appeal to scheme members. There must be some out there that will donate further if that appeal went out and the scheme was pushed to gain new members.

It's the midfield for me, Bakinson is a superb asset at this level, literally (in the true sense of the word) a game changer. Bennet a decent cover, and then we have Labs to come back. Sheehan just hasn't worked yet but I live in hope, and for me Dolan just isn't up to it as our play maker. We have a great keeper, a good defence and we have 3/4 or four genuine goal scorers, but if we lose our main lads in midfield it can come apart. We have done superbly to get here, and I think if we can get Bakinson back and keep him on the pitch and tweak our shape/formation we are definitely going to be in the play offs.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:It's the midfield for me, Bakinson is a superb asset at this level, literally (in the true sense of the word) a game changer. Bennet a decent cover, and then we have Labs to come back. Sheehan just hasn't worked yet but I live in hope, and for me Dolan just isn't up to it as our play maker. We have a great keeper, a good defence and we have 3/4 or four genuine goal scorers, but if we lose our main lads in midfield it can come apart. We have done superbly to get here, and I think if we can get Bakinson back and keep him on the pitch and tweak our shape/formation we are definitely going to be in the play offs.
Well that’s at least two of us then :grin: and I’m an arch pessimist. It all swings on retentions and the injury list ( and I suppose who splashes the cash at Xmas ).

Amberexile wrote:As far as I know, you will no longer be able to renew at the £10 a year level. I guess people who joined to get a Spurs ticket will have to step up to £10 a month to keep their priority for this season unless the Board allow the entitlement to stretch a little beyond 12 months.
My issue with the scheme is that it has never been adequately promoted in order to raise the level of funding it could.
There have been a few references of late that any player movement in January will be down to extra funds raised and players leaving.
A couple of times recently players have been signed on the back of donations from fans and the board without there being a general appeal to scheme members. There must be some out there that will donate further if that appeal went out and the scheme was pushed to gain new members.
I've also assumed the £10 pa membership, once lapsed will no longer be available, but haven't actually seen it in print. Perhaps it was stated at the meeting. There is a £5 per month membership which offers ticket priority. That may be the one that needs pushing to the £10 members. Even that is less than two beers per month.