Re: Ok now I AM angry.....

AmberRundgren. wrote:Now Mr Benn had a make believe shopkeeper. I loved the astronaut episode.
Oh... and the keyboard warrior episode where the lonely bloke in houseplants for some reason said he wasn’t when he could have left it.
Oh the shopkeeper is called Dave. He seemed fairly real when I bought my lucky dip. I never win though.

Is he your local landlord too. I believe that's what you call a person that owns a Pub in your part of the world.

Sorry come to this thread late. On the issue of paying staff or using volunteers. My question is.. How much profit does the shop make (or loss).
As trust members who own the club etc etc, why are we not shown the profit and loss accounts. We don't know what areas make money, what the sponsorship monies are and what the costs are.
I think we should pay professional shop assistants, who know what their doing and will turn up, rain or shine or away matches. However if the shop is a loss leader, doesn't that answer the volunteer situation. Please can we see the facts and figures.

Nineteen Eighty wrote:Sorry come to this thread late. On the issue of paying staff or using volunteers. My question is.. How much profit does the shop make (or loss).
As trust members who own the club etc etc, why are we not shown the profit and loss accounts. We don't know what areas make money, what the sponsorship monies are and what the costs are.
I think we should pay professional shop assistants, who know what their doing and will turn up, rain or shine or away matches. However if the shop is a loss leader, doesn't that answer the volunteer situation. Please can we see the facts and figures.
That strikes me as a fairly reasonable request.