Re: Ok now I AM angry.....

The Newport wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:And here we go again !!!!

Another thread concerning the running of our Club and now our Club Shop , and we're some how debating the ins n outs of the different religious followings across the World , and what they're worth in monetary terms !!!

If our new CEO has taken a look on here over the last few days , he must be thinking "What the HELL have I signed up for here ?"

Get a grip , people .... for the sake of sanity !
You're not interested in history then?
Got a B grade at History A-Level , but I don't see what it has to do with our Club Shop over the Christmas period ??

AR[/quote]

Your friend should be ashamed of themselves charging £2.00 for a loaf of Bread. Maybe if they wasn't so expensive they wouldn't have People in their shop stealing food. In a local shop in my area (country) They have a sign saying don't steal the food if you can't afford to buy it. We are also here to help those who are in need. We don't judge. They also donate food that are close to their sell by Date to the local food bank. I have actually seen them on a number of times giving food to people who they know that are unemployed and finding it difficult.

Here's an idea for your friend who has a local shop why not have a ECO CHARITY COLLECTION DONATION MONEY TIN / POT / BOX (which is Made In Britain From Recycled Milk and Juice Cartons) where customers can donate their change to help those who need that little bit extra help.

Then they will find that the local community will want to go to the local shop and spend their money. And will want to help them raise money for people in need. After all they might need help one day themselves. That is how we help our local community. We are there for each other.

I myself help them raise money by having a garage sale (In your country I think you call it a car boot sale).[/quote]

FANTASTIC! love it. People like this are the soul of a chat board. Has to be an avenue to release the sadness in our lives and this board does exactly that.
If it helps you to reconcile, I never said he charged £2 for bread. i said that's what he was sent by the person who felt the guilt of their theft. But if it enabled you to virtue signal, I'm very happy to have helped.

Now from people sitting in housepants in a lonely bedroom punching at a keyboard, through the whole story of the creation of the church of england, and on to the wealth of the world's great religions....... who thinks a draw at Carlisle would be a good result?

AmberRundgren. wrote:AR
Your friend should be ashamed of themselves charging £2.00 for a loaf of Bread. Maybe if they wasn't so expensive they wouldn't have People in their shop stealing food. In a local shop in my area (country) They have a sign saying don't steal the food if you can't afford to buy it. We are also here to help those who are in need. We don't judge. They also donate food that are close to their sell by Date to the local food bank. I have actually seen them on a number of times giving food to people who they know that are unemployed and finding it difficult.

Here's an idea for your friend who has a local shop why not have a ECO CHARITY COLLECTION DONATION MONEY TIN / POT / BOX (which is Made In Britain From Recycled Milk and Juice Cartons) where customers can donate their change to help those who need that little bit extra help.

Then they will find that the local community will want to go to the local shop and spend their money. And will want to help them raise money for people in need. After all they might need help one day themselves. That is how we help our local community. We are there for each other.

I myself help them raise money by having a garage sale (In your country I think you call it a car boot sale).[/quote]

FANTASTIC! love it. People like this are the soul of a chat board. Has to be an avenue to release the sadness in our lives and this board does exactly that.
If it helps you to reconcile, I never said he charged £2 for bread. i said that's what he was sent by the person who felt the guilt of their theft. But if it enabled you to virtue signal, I'm very happy to have helped.

Now from people sitting in housepants in a lonely bedroom punching at a keyboard, through the whole story of the creation of the church of england, and on to the wealth of the world's great religions....... who thinks a draw at Carlisle would be a good result?[/quote]

Me! Anyway, what do you think you are doing discussing football on here?

Carlise have lost 4 and drawn 1 of their last 5 home league games so they should be there for the taking. However, with our injury crisis I would take one point. Gladly.

Corpaboy wrote: Another thread concerning the running of our Club and now our Club Shop , and we're some how debating the ins n outs of the different religious followings across the World , and what they're worth in monetary terms !!!

If our new CEO has taken a look on here over the last few days , he must be thinking "What the HELL have I signed up for here ?"

Get a grip , people .... for the sake of sanity !..........

Got a B grade at History A-Level.....

Had you been a little more tolerant and open to listening to views you didn't agree with you might have got an 'A'. :grin:

The Newport wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:The Church one of the richest organisation in the Country still runs heavily on volunteers

Can't see any issue to be fair
And one of the richest in the world.

1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
$200 billion +
United States

2. Catholic Church
$130 billion +
Vatican

3. Church of England
$7.8 billion
United Kingdom

4. Opus Dei (part of the Catholic Church)
$2.8 billion
Italy

And why do you think they are so rich.
10% tithes is a good start

It is interesting, and I don't for one moment pretend it is a trap that I have always avoided myself. But virtually all posts only see one side, and some posts just express exasperation at anyone who holds a different view.

Bishbashbosh, who in my view actually offered a third way. I thought he was right. He changed my mind. And he was ignored.

bishbashbosh wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
bishbashbosh wrote:Sensible solution incoming...

In Newport there are various work based learning providers (ITEC, ACT & Rathbone). These providers work with 16-18 years olds and aim to get them work experience and associated qualifications in a number of employment sectors (Retail, Hospitality, Hair & Beauty).

It may be an idea for the club (if they haven't already) to approach these provisions and offer the shop as retail experience - maybe as an added perk we can throw in some free tickets. The club do not pay anything as the 16-18 year olds are gaining £30-50 a week for being on the provision, paid by WAG.

For reference here is ITEC's website. http://www.itecskills.co.uk/about-us/what-we-do?lang=en
Great idea. Is the club shop a permanent thing? I thought it was only temporary. If it's not then it would not be productive to 'employ' these youth as they wouldn't be able to see their programme through.
The club shop being permanent or temporary is irrelevant.

Having worked with work based learning provisions, the participants can do a short term or long term placement, the employer can decide. Believe me, work based learning provisions are in desperate need for placements for their participants.

The employer must have business and liability insurance and generally be willing to mentor the young people. The main drawback here though (and I hate generalising) is that 16-18 year olds on these provisions may not be the most reliable.

Definitely worth a punt and fits in nicely with our county in the community initiatives.
WBL learning programmes are generally scheduled for at least a 12 month period. If the club cannot provide assurance that the 'employment' will be continous over that period then the 'learner' could be seriously disadvanted. This could then have a knock on effect on the company.

Willthiswork wrote: WBL learning programmes are generally scheduled for at least a 12 month period. If the club cannot provide assurance that the 'employment' will be continous over that period then the 'learner' could be seriously disadvanted. This could then have a knock on effect on the company.
Not as seriously disadvantaged as having no work at all. Pre season begins in July the season ends in May. Such work as the ordering of stock, planning for the new season and season's range goes on in the summer.

I suppose there is no good deed that can't be punished by the 'whatabouters'. Years training? What about June. New defibrillator? What about maintenance?

I genuinely despair.

Having previously managed a wbl programme, there are a number of elements. In some cases, the more advanced learner would require a long term placement alongside a qualification. However, there is scope to put in place short term placements, I have had similar arrangements with a number of employers in the past.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote: Another thread concerning the running of our Club and now our Club Shop , and we're some how debating the ins n outs of the different religious followings across the World , and what they're worth in monetary terms !!!

Had you been a little more tolerant and open to listening to views you didn't agree with you might have got an 'A'. :grin:
Exactly what my History teacher told me at the time , Brendan !! :roll: WTF

Corpaboy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Exactly what my History teacher told me at the time , Brendan !! :roll: WTF
I know. I was your history teacher at the time.

You are my greatest disappointment.

You are not without insight but I think you should be more open to views you disagree with and certainly to the people making them.

Only one of those three statements is in fact true.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote: WBL learning programmes are generally scheduled for at least a 12 month period. If the club cannot provide assurance that the 'employment' will be continous over that period then the 'learner' could be seriously disadvanted. This could then have a knock on effect on the company.
Not as seriously disadvantaged as having no work at all. Pre season begins in July the season ends in May. Such work as the ordering of stock, planning for the new season and season's range goes on in the summer.

I suppose there is no good deed that can't be punished by the 'whatabouters'. Years training? What about June. New defibrillator? What about maintenance?

I genuinely despair.

I too have recently worked in WBL. I have seen the effects of 'learners' being moved on from businesses that haven't 'worked out'. They lose interest in the programme then the company loses them as a 'learner' which then has issues with the Govt contracts. Any sensible (!) WBL provider would not place a learner in a placement without a full programme assurance.

Edit: Welsh Govt WBL Guidance - Learners who are employed by an agency are eligible for entry to the Apprenticeship programme. In this instance, the provider must be satisfied that the agency is aware of their responsibility to ensure that the learner is able to complete the apprenticeship by a placement or multiple placements and is paid for attendance at any off the job training. Further the provider needs to be assured that the learner is committed to the learning.

bishbashbosh wrote:Having previously managed a wbl programme, there are a number of elements. In some cases, the more advanced learner would require a long term placement alongside a qualification. However, there is scope to put in place short term placements, I have had similar arrangements with a number of employers in the past.
Even the basic level entries/apprenticeships last 12 months in general.

AmberRundgren. AR

I myself help them raise money by having a garage sale (In your country I think you call it a car boot sale).

Now from people sitting in housepants in a lonely bedroom punching at a keyboard, through the whole story of the creation of the church of england, and on to the wealth of the world's great religions....... who thinks a draw at Carlisle would be a good result?
Why would someone send £2 for an item that that didn't cost £2 ( if this really happened). Just for your information I don't wear house pants, I have on what we in our part of the world call clothes that you would wear when you go out to a proper shop. Where you meet real people not make believe shop keepers.

You will be lucky to get draw at Carlisle. I say the real score will be 3 - 1 to Carlisle. And stop playing on your Xbox and get out into the real world. I didn't realise you could still get virtual shopping games.
Well you learn something new everyday.