Well done that man

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Well done that man

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 2nd, 2018, 2:12 pm

Being serious.

I think it is a wonderful gesture. I am sure that most people will take the view that even if everything can't be done, it is better than doing nothing. And whilst it is true that some will find something to complain about, the good people of Yorkshire and everywhere else will rightly celebrate these acts of kindness.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 2:44 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I would say here's the defibrillator it is your responsibility to maintain it. I suspect it will come with a manual and a list of approved engineers.


I refer you to my very first post on this thread -

"Another issue with them is that there is a chunky ongoing maintenance cost so if we were to donate one we would have to factor in this cost as well or agree that we would not be responsible for it."


I have read your first post. You have created a problem which is not there.

If they were offered a defibrillator they are under no obligation to take it. Although I suspect that being of sound minds they would. I fail to see the problem with saying we can donate but can't be responsible for the running costs.

Once again if I were to build a school in the Congo but could not supply the teachers would the good of the building be negated? Or is that too preposterous a question to be worthy of your good self?

By the way if anybody would like to buy me a new car but isn't willing to pay all my running costs I would still be very grateful.

Now of course in Yorkshire it seems that the recipients also expected the running costs to be covered. Well there are only those two well known Yorkshire expressions.

See all, hear all, say nowt. Eat all, sup all pay nowt. And of course Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong int' arm, thick in head.

As I said, what is it about Yorkshire? :grin:



What is it about the Irish? :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Well done that man

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 2nd, 2018, 2:57 pm

Compassion mixed with a logical brain. Good looks combined with a natural modesty. Lots of this ngs really.

However I am reasonably confident that most of us would look at the situation that you mention and think not that the giver of the defibrillator looked bad for not paying the maintenance but that the recipients looked total dicks for moaning.

Had you left it at your post I would have agreed with you. But as you developed the point it became incoherent.

By the way my maternal grandfather was from Elland. :grin:
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 3:16 pm

EDIT :oops:
Last edited by Amberexile on November 4th, 2018, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5601

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Well done that man

Postby pembsexile » November 2nd, 2018, 3:28 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I would say here's the defibrillator it is your responsibility to maintain it. I suspect it will come with a manual and a list of approved engineers.


I refer you to my very first post on this thread -

"Another issue with them is that there is a chunky ongoing maintenance cost so if we were to donate one we would have to factor in this cost as well or agree that we would not be responsible for it."


As I mentioned earlier, there need not be an ongoing chunky maintenance cost. Get your local hospital involved or go private. Simples.

Thankfully, I haven't seen any national news story yet about a community defibrillator not working when it was needed because there had been no maintenance on it. I suspect that it may happen. My understanding is that the National authorities are trying to build up a database of where the Community AED's are located. If holders want to avoid future litigation I suggest that they cooperate and ensure that the device is serviced. Think of it like an MOT.

On most AED's there is a daily automatic internal self test regime anyway. In summary, there is an issue (not a problem) and there is an easy solution.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 3:30 pm

pembsexile wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I would say here's the defibrillator it is your responsibility to maintain it. I suspect it will come with a manual and a list of approved engineers.


I refer you to my very first post on this thread -

"Another issue with them is that there is a chunky ongoing maintenance cost so if we were to donate one we would have to factor in this cost as well or agree that we would not be responsible for it."


As I mentioned earlier, there need not be an ongoing chunky maintenance cost. Get your local hospital involved or go private. Simples.

Thankfully, I haven't seen any national news story yet about a community defibrillator not working when it was needed because there had been no maintenance on it. I suspect that it may happen. My understanding is that the National authorities are trying to build up a database of where the Community AED's are located. If holders want to avoid future litigation I suggest that they cooperate and ensure that the device is serviced. Think of it like an MOT.

On most AED's there is a daily automatic internal self test regime anyway. In summary, there is an issue (not a problem) and there is an easy solution.


Absolutely, and as long as we are aware of the issue and take appropriate steps the potential for it to become a problem can be avoided.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Well done that man

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 2nd, 2018, 3:33 pm

Amberexile wrote:
That's the problem, while they see themselves as this, to the rest of the world, thick as pig shit, drunken fools who would start an argument in an empty room is closer to the mark.

By the way I wrote this before you replied. Not that your reply was predictable or anything. :lol: :lol:

Why do the Irish have potatoes and the Saudis have oil? :lol: :lol:


You are entitled to your opinion. Whether the rest of the world actually agrees with you is something I doubt.

I remember an FA Cup qualifying round match at Swindon Supermarine I think about sixteen years s ago. A little bit of leg pulling banter got out of hand when some County supporters became foul mouthed racist yobs.

I was embarrassed then by county supporters, I am embarrassed now.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5601

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Well done that man

Postby pembsexile » November 2nd, 2018, 3:45 pm

Fao Amberexile - I went to post 'agreed' with your last post but unfortunately only 3 replies to a post are allowed.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 3:47 pm

EDIT :oops:
Last edited by Amberexile on November 4th, 2018, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Well done that man

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 2nd, 2018, 3:55 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
That's the problem, while they see themselves as this, to the rest of the world, thick as pig shit, drunken fools who would start an argument in an empty room is closer to the mark.

By the way I wrote this before you replied. Not that your reply was predictable or anything. :lol: :lol:

Why do the Irish have potatoes and the Saudis have oil? :lol: :lol:


You are entitled to your opinion. Whether the rest of the world actually agrees with you is something I doubt.

I remember an FA Cup qualifying round match at Swindon Supermarine I think about sixteen years s ago. A little bit of leg pulling banter got out of hand when some County supporters became foul mouthed racist yobs.

I was embarrassed then by county supporters, I am embarrassed now.


I think you are suffering from a sense of humour failure, most Irish people I have met laugh at their comedy stereotype and play along with it as do Yorkshiremen.
I guess you don't like the sheep songs some of our supporters sing either?


No.

There was a venom in your remarks. Would you have written that about black people or Jews? Would you say it to Roy Keane?

Sorry mate, you have posted up a racist slur, devoid of wit. Whether or not you are a racist I don't know. I do though find your comments embarrassing and yourself someone who I would rather not have any more to do with.

'Thick as pig shit drunken fools who would start an argument in an empty room.'

I have a sense of humour failure because I don't find that funny?
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 4:13 pm

You are entitled to your view
You are wrong
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Well done that man

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 2nd, 2018, 4:36 pm

Amberexile wrote:You are entitled to your view
You are wrong


When you equate people as pig shit you cross a line.

I don't like the sheep song, or the other side of the bridge song. However you can make an argument that it's banter. The racist two one to the Taliban at Luton, the homophobic we can see you holding hands at Brighton clearly fall into the offensive. As does I'd rather be a (pejorative racial slur) than a Taff. Once on terracing at Huddersfield a chant of Aberfan repeated over and over again was disgusting also.

As I said I don't know if you are a racist, I don't know if you are an idiot. I do know you are a fool. I know this sounds trite but I pity you.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 4:38 pm

EDIT :oops:
Last edited by Amberexile on November 4th, 2018, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Well done that man

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 2nd, 2018, 4:53 pm

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:You are entitled to your view
You are wrong


When you equate people as pig shit you cross a line.

I don't like the sheep song, or the other side of the bridge song. However you can make an argument that it's banter. The racist two one to the Taliban at Luton, the homophobic we can see you holding hands at Brighton clearly fall into the offensive. As does I'd rather be a (pejorative racial slur) than a Taff. Once on terracing at Huddersfield a chant of Aberfan repeated over and over again was disgusting also.

As I said I don't know if you are a racist, I don't know if you are an idiot. I do know you are a fool. I know this sounds trite but I pity you.

You are looking foolish now
Fake indignation in my view


Paul, no matter how hard you try I am not going to respond in kind to you.

You have said what you said, everybody can read it, they can make their own minds up.

One little point. If you trawl back there was a post on here when somebody described Jamie Stevens as 'a piece of shit'. Read my comments then.

To describe a person as such is demeaning and disgusting. To pass it off as humour, ridiculous. As I said I feel not indignation but pity.
User avatar
User

Amberexile

Posts

5694

Location

Sheffield

Re: Well done that man

Postby Amberexile » November 2nd, 2018, 5:11 pm

EDIT :oops:
Last edited by Amberexile on November 4th, 2018, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Powered by phpBB ®