Training Ground

I saw some of the aerial shots of Mansfields new training ground and it didn't look mind blowing. However when I did a bit of digging and found it cost £2M unless we have an exceptional cup run or a generous benefactor I can't see us able to raise that level of funds when our playing budget is ~£1M a year. One possible light in the tunnel is the FA provided a grant for 27% of the cost.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2017 ... ng-ground/
https://twitter.com/mansfieldtownfc/sta ... 13216?s=09

Re: Training Ground

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Would we be eligible for a grant from the FA?
Why not? We are a member.
Unfortunately your country has chosen to leave. The next round of spending allocation does not take place until after you have left.

Stan I think you have made a bit of a mistake there they're leaving the E.U. not the F.A.

The Newport wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Stan I think you have made a bit of a mistake there they're leaving the E.U. not the F.A.
You are correct I misread GSB's post.

To answer properly. I did not and do suggest you are wrong about applying for an FA grant. What made you think I did? For what it's worth I agreed with what you said I merely developed the point.

The Newport wrote:Where would you build the new training ground or would you be looking at upgrading an existing ground (Newport Stadium).
I guess that would depend on council involvement, if it was co-funded by NCC then a redevelopment of Spytty may be cheaper as there wouldn't be the land purchase cost. However then they would own the facility not us, if we were the ones outlaying a similar amount to Mansfield we would definitely want to own it in it's entirety.

A few seasons ago a Mansfield supporter did express to me their concern that their success was all built on sand and that the money wasn't really there so it would all fall through.
They do seem to be getting by and even thriving however on crowds that are slightly above our own.

Amberexile wrote:A few seasons ago a Mansfield supporter did express to me their concern that their success was all built on sand and that the money wasn't really there so it would all fall through.
They do seem to be getting by and even thriving however on crowds that are slightly above our own.
I recall that Mansfield have a season ticket type deal for the Quarry Lane End, the home end behind the goal. £20 membership for the season then half price per game. Not sure how that works out for the club over the course of a season - it’s £24 pay on the day I believe.