Re: European Super league

I haven't read the replies yet, but I actually think this could be good news for returning the game to the fans.

- The Premier League loses its appeal after losing its top clubs.
- The Football League invites the remaining Premier League clubs, plus reserve sides of the clubs leaving for Europe to compete in their new top division.
- They negotiate their own TV deals, but ensure the pot is shared more evenly.
- They impose some sort of sensible salary cap and spending limit for all clubs.

If played correctly, this could be turned into a positive.

rncfc wrote:I haven't read the replies yet, but I actually think this could be good news for returning the game to the fans.

- The Football League invites the remaining Premier League clubs, plus reserve sides of the clubs leaving for Europe to compete in their new top division.
- They impose some sort of sensible salary cap and spending limit for all clubs.

My view only.

If you allow the reserve teams in of the departing clubs you would make a mockery of the game.

If they choose to leave, they are entitled to do so. However the life blood of football is promotion and relegation. The clubs financed by foreign often stolen money would still dominate our game.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:I haven't read the replies yet, but I actually think this could be good news for returning the game to the fans.

My view only.

If you allow the reserve teams in of the departing clubs you would make a mockery of the game.

If they choose to leave, they are entitled to do so. However the life blood of football is promotion and relegation. The clubs financed by foreign often stolen money would still dominate our game.
Appreciate what you're saying, but in reality they wouldn't be reserve clubs. The Football League would completely wash their hands of "the franchise". I guess players would then have a choice to make - sell your soul to play in the Euro League for more cash and no passion, or come and play for the real Arsenal, or the real Man Utd in the English system. I have a feeling the outcome would be pretty mixed.