Sort it out or your out on your ear

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Sort it out or your out on your ear

Postby neilcork68 » November 5th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Given MF's comments on Saturday about the silly mistakes certain players keep making and the threat he will get rid of them if they continue to do so . Who is he talking about , ??????
no avatar
User

County ranger

Re: Sort it out or your out on your ear

Postby County ranger » November 5th, 2018, 9:37 pm

Difficulty for the defence as a goalkeeper you can have a great 89 minutes and then one mistake can cost a goal and make the mistake look very expensive - midfielders and forwards get away with a lot more. I suspect it may not be the mistake in itself but a failure to stick to the agreed shape or tactics that is irritating MF and rightly so we are conceding too many goals.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » November 6th, 2018, 8:00 pm

So if his players make silly mistakes he get rid of them but he will get away with making fundamentally silly decisions. Such as not giving Foulston a chance when he's down to one CB, or choosing Willmott in the starting 11.... :0)
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » November 6th, 2018, 8:21 pm

Getting rid of contracted players costs money we can't afford.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 6th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:Getting rid of contracted players costs money we can't afford.

I don't see how picking Foulston would cost us money, or indeed not picking any player. To me the job of a manager is to pick the best team he believes he can.

Now we can and many do debate whether the best team has been picked but why any manager would not pick what he believes to be his strongest side is beyond me.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » November 6th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:Getting rid of contracted players costs money we can't afford.

I don't see how picking Foulston would cost us money, or indeed not picking any player. To me the job of a manager is to pick the best team he believes he can.

Now we can and many do debate whether the best team has been picked but why any manager would not pick what he believes to be his strongest side is beyond me.

"If they continue to make mistakes, I'll get rid of them".;

How does he do that without paying them off?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » November 7th, 2018, 8:22 am

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

"If they continue to make mistakes, I'll get rid of them".;

How does he do that without paying them off?

Send them out on loan?
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Postby wattsville_boy » November 8th, 2018, 1:14 am

Perhaps a player swap...
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » November 8th, 2018, 8:54 am

Does anyone believe he will actually 'get rid of players' or is it just 'talking tough' for the media. Is he financially in a position to do so? Surely we cannot reduce our squad, afterall we haven't even been able to announce a full bench for some games?