Fully Fit Squad

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

579

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Alan G Bryant » November 7th, 2018, 12:31 am

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:What no Robbie in squad?


Staggering isn't it?

Robbie plays 4 games (most out of position) and provides 3 assists. His best position is where Forbes is playing and Tyler has provided how many assists in 11 games?
Fair play, this guy knows his football.


And thats all he has done....For the other 356 minutes he just trots around whilst the game passes him by...
Staggering isn't it...
Fair play Robbie has brain washed them with his dazzling displays this season


No Robbie fan club meeting this evening ? Just you and Harps/Loyalfoot or whatever name he goes by


That's all he's done? 3 assists in 4 games whilst playing out of position. Robbie calling you out as really got to you I must say, and it is quite amusing to see your tirade continue.

You have not divulged Tyler's assists, so perhaps you would like to watch Carlisle's second goal again where he quickly realises he forgot his duty to cover the short corner.

Personally I think Forbes has potential , but who do you think Flynn was talking about in the argus? Anyway, back to those free kicks , let us concentrate on hitting the wall to get it on target.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Posts

1681

Location

Cwmbran

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Blackandamber » November 7th, 2018, 11:10 am

neilcork68 wrote:Greaves scored goals.....Willmott does one or two passes a game. Hardly a comparison is it ?


They complained that Greaves did nothing but score goals. Now people complain that Willmott does very little. However he regularly sets up goals with his crosses. The Radio Cumbria commentators were eulogising about the cross with his left foot which landed on Amond's head. Most of Amond's goals come from Wilmott's assists. Remember the goal against Spurs. Also the winner against Leeds came from a Willmott corner.
no avatar
User

ajs

Posts

97

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby ajs » November 7th, 2018, 12:17 pm

For the attention of Alan Bryant

There's more to football than assists, it's called defending and being constructive in all areas of distribution, Wilmott lacks this level of skill.
no avatar
User

russia

Posts

214

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby russia » November 7th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Cork.....just another opportunity to have a go at Robbie . So boring . Last year it was Marlon , now Robbie , who next?
Of course you really do know your football don’t you ? Yeah ...big fan of Ryan Bird , old lead boots .

Now , remind me how Flynn shouldn’t have got rid of him and how he’s still banging them in at a lower level .

You ain’t a fan Cork ...just a constant moaner ...pity you haven’t the courage to tell players like Marlon and Robbie your dumb opinions to there faces .
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 7th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Every club has a player who divides opinion.

I haven't seen enough of Robbie to give an opinion. However I can say that usually, not always, this player tends to not to be a striker, a defender or a ball winning mid fielder. Which leaves, goalkeepers, languid mid folders and wingers.

Wynne Hooper, Steve Lowndes, and even Andy White, I remember them all getting stick forty odd years ago. I remember all of them being fiercely defended in the pub afterwards.

In the words of the singer songwriter Al Stewart, 'oh the more it changes, the more it stays the same,
And the hand just rearranges,
The players in the game'. :grin:
User avatar
User

Ado

Posts

516

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Ado » November 7th, 2018, 1:30 pm

neilcork68 wrote:Assuming that MF will have a fully fit side one day who would be the starting line up you would like to see play for us ?
I will start , lets see your ideal side if it ever happens.......


GK -------Day

RWB -----Forbes

LWB ----- Butler

CB ------Franks

CB -------Bennett

CB ---Demetriou

MF ----- Barkinson

MF ------Dolan

MF ------- Labadie

CF ------Amond

CF ------ Matt

Subs.........Townsend , Pipe , O'Brien , Sheehan ,Pring, Semenyo ,Harris


Forbes at right back - are you having a turkish ?
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby neilcork68 » November 7th, 2018, 1:34 pm

russia wrote:Cork.....just another opportunity to have a go at Robbie . So boring . Last year it was Marlon , now Robbie , who next?
Of course you really do know your football don’t you ? Yeah ...big fan of Ryan Bird , old lead boots .

Now , remind me how Flynn shouldn’t have got rid of him and how he’s still banging them in at a lower level .

You ain’t a fan Cork ...just a constant moaner ...pity you haven’t the courage to tell players like Marlon and Robbie your dumb opinions to there faces .



So someone who attends at least 75 % at least of home and away games isn't a fan according to you because I dare to have an opinion on a player . Is that what your saying ?

By the way without old 'lead boots' we would be playing in non League because he was crucial for us in the run in when we survived so he couldn't have been that bad for us, could he ?
Have a side with Willmott , Jackson , Ramon Rose in it and see how far you will go....All players that have been criticised by me for their play but 'loved ' by posters on here.

You couldn't make it up whats written on here by some.


Mummy letting her sick ickle boy have a day off school today is she ?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14019

Location

MT

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Exile 1976 » November 7th, 2018, 1:53 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
russia wrote:Cork.....just another opportunity to have a go at Robbie . So boring . Last year it was Marlon , now Robbie , who next?
Of course you really do know your football don’t you ? Yeah ...big fan of Ryan Bird , old lead boots .

Now , remind me how Flynn shouldn’t have got rid of him and how he’s still banging them in at a lower level .

You ain’t a fan Cork ...just a constant moaner ...pity you haven’t the courage to tell players like Marlon and Robbie your dumb opinions to there faces .



So someone who attends at least 75 % at least of home and away games isn't a fan according to you because I dare to have an opinion on a player . Is that what your saying ?

By the way without old 'lead boots' we would be playing in non League because he was crucial for us in the run in when we survived so he couldn't have been that bad for us, could he ?
Have a side with Willmott , Jackson , Ramon Rose in it and see how far you will go....All players that have been criticised by me for their play but 'loved ' by posters on here.

You couldn't make it up whats written on here by some.


Mummy letting her sick ickle boy have a day off school today is she ?



‘Old lead boots’ hasn’t scored many this season in fairness but did get 16 Conference goals last season.....not sure how many goals Marlon got last season, anyone know ? I know he hasn’t got any league goals so far this season.

Still can’t believe there’s anyone out there who knows anything about football and who has watched both players play (especially for us) that actually think Marlon is better ! :shock: :lol:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby neilcork68 » November 7th, 2018, 1:56 pm

Old ' Lead Boots' had a 1 in 3 return for us. I would be happy with any striker that we had with that return
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

579

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Alan G Bryant » November 7th, 2018, 2:05 pm

neilcork68 wrote:Old ' Lead Boots' had a 1 in 3 return for us. I would be happy with any striker that we had with that return


Yet Robbie ( out of position ) providing 3 assists in 4 games is deemed rubbish?

This is the problem when people get personal, they lose all rationality and make themselves look incredibly stupid.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby neilcork68 » November 7th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Old ' Lead Boots' had a 1 in 3 return for us. I would be happy with any striker that we had with that return


Yet Robbie ( out of position ) providing 3 assists in 4 games is deemed rubbish?

This is the problem when people get personal, they lose all rationality and make themselves look incredibly stupid.




How many goals did the side concede with players playing out of position. Not their fault I know , its down to the manager but if you have a right winger playing centre midfield or wing back I would expect them to get involved in the game like putting in a few challenges , not just thinking , I have put a cross in that lead to a goal , I can rest on my laurels and not get involved
We will always disagree because of your fixation with RW and the good he does ( quoting his assists etc- its the rest of his game that lets him down). As I have said in the past , he is ok as a right winger but he is useless in the positions where he has been asked to play by the manager so we are effectively playing 10 v 11.
Its nothing personnel towards him as I have never spoken to him. Its just based on what I see with my own eyes. In the positions he has been playing , IMO we have had far better options but MF , for some reason keeps chopping and changing the side to make sure he is in the side somewhere.


Also two of his assists were when we were behind and the manager moved him into the position he is ok in ( not quality as some seem to think )
That said in certain games his delivery from corners , free kicks have been dreadful. Dolan should be our main set piece taker when he plays because 8 times out of 10 he puts the ball into the danger area. Wilmott either hits the first man or puts too much on it and it goes over every players heads.
Look again at the Morecambe game again . He took 4 corners and failed to get the ball past the first man every time. His next corner sailed over every ones head and out for a throw.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10036

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 7th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
This is the problem when people get personal, they lose all rationality and make themselves look incredibly stupid.


:? ?
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Posts

290

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby Loyalfoot » November 7th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Neil are you saying that on Saturday every other player played without making mistakes hence no need to single them out?
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

5831

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby neilcork68 » November 7th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Loyalfoot wrote:Neil are you saying that on Saturday every other player played without making mistakes hence no need to single them out?



Certainly not but he is the only one who seems blameless by our manager who will 'shoe him into the side' at the expense of another player.
MF must be the only one who thinks he can play in midfield or wingback and is up to the correct standard.He is a right sided winger (IMO)
As soon as he came back from his injury ( he was miles behind because he had no pre season ) MF had him in the side.1st game back - sent off :roll:

Sheehan had a good game on Saturday ( about time - been a bit disappointed with him this season so far as he is a quality player) but as sure as tomorrow is Thursday , he will be dropped. Willmott wont.
Wilmott , IMO had three very poor displays previous to last weeks game and deserved to be dropped. No MF moves him to Left wingback ???

IMO , as good as Day has been he should be dropped for Saturday in favour of Townsend as he had a very poor game last week and was responsible for two of their goals. Harsh I know but whats the point of having a back up keeper, ( no sorry , two keepers battling for the number one slot ( MF's words not mine ) if he wont drop Day for bad form ?




Anyway , argue/ debate among yourselves ladies and gents , I am off to work :evil:
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Posts

732

Re: Fully Fit Squad

Postby faerun exile » November 7th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Franks, Bennett and OB back for this weekend so good news. Crofts and Labadie not far behind too according to the Argus.

Hope Franks has had a good hard look at himself for the Crawley red card. We could quite feasibly be 2-3 points better off now if he had played v Morecambe and Carlisle.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SJG99 and 20 guests

Powered by phpBB ®