Re: Club Shop - whats going on?

Oh my, how dare VOLUNTEERS go and support the club on 12+ hour round trips. Even when they are going on these away days they are still volunteering their time raising money by organising the travel and then donating the money to the club.

For those moaning about the free bus to Carlisle, just don’t even bother. Message the club if you have a problem, but they can’t support pubs who are doing travel. I’m not moaning about those who go by this, but when it is classed as unofficial by the club, they won’t be able to donate money to them. But honestly everyone who travels every week is fully appreciated by me and a lot of those who can’t make it away every week.

whoareya wrote:Doesn't need the COO to sort it, you've answered your own question. You would have been in Carlisle if the coach hadn't been cancelled and your not around tomorrow either - your going to the game as are a lot of supporters - so how many paying customers do you think the club shop would get when the County play away - the answer is not enough to justify opening the shop.
Unfortunately that makes the presumption that it is only County supporters that will go to the shop. What about the non County supporters who are on a shopping trip and have planned to get their boyfriend/ girlfriend/ husband/wife/friend some County stuff for Christmas. They pop along to the shop but it is closed on a Saturday. Sale gone.

This is not a pop at the fantastic volunteers who do a great job, just a statement of fact. If we can find the funds to rent or buy the premises, surely we can pay some part time staff in the run up to Christmas as has been suggested. Some further sponsorship deal perhaps.

owlsabout wrote:Oh believe me i will be speaking with directors when i see them. Cant believe you actually think that this loss of revenue for a small club like ours is ok! Unbelievable Jeff!
If you'd included the £1000 a day takings in your opening post I would have taken that into account, but you didn't. Personally I don't think the shop would take that much every day. The transition from volunteers to paid employees is a big step, but if you'd like to confirm that the shop really does take £1000 a day then I'd agree that iit could and should sustain employed staff.

By the way, what did that comment about running buses to games and reference to subscriptions mean?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:Doesn't need the COO to sort it, you've answered your own question. You would have been in Carlisle if the coach hadn't been cancelled and your not around tomorrow either - your going to the game as are a lot of supporters - so how many paying customers do you think the club shop would get when the County play away - the answer is not enough to justify opening the shop.
What a totally negative response
This attitude will be the ruin of our club.
Owls keep letting us know when clueless decisions are made please
Legend mate
Harps is back.......